SI: How Kevin Ollie Could Contest UConn's 'Just Cause' Firing | Page 8 | The Boneyard

SI: How Kevin Ollie Could Contest UConn's 'Just Cause' Firing

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Do you people get your views on the legal system from TV or something? Have you tried a case? I haven't in 20 years, but I'm still involved in disputes. There is no sure thing. In 99% of cases there is a risk of losing for both sides. Plus it's expensive. Settlements are the norm as a result. UConn believes it's odds of winning are more than than zero. That's all that matters.

Here's the 1%. My friend handles Med Mal cases. A guy claims malpractice. The evidence...he had a procedure done and they essentially re-attached his penis and testicles upside down. Pictures were provided. The response: "how much do you want?". The defense is not winning that case. But even then it settled, because the damage amount could vary widely.

I know there's serious client attorney privilige involved, but were I that lawyer, there's no chance I wouldn't be passing those pics around at parties.

Reaction Score
FYI,

The reason Ollie is being fired for “Just Cause” is due to non compliant summer practices. Pretty weak. I’m not sure/I doubt this is the same thing the NCAA is looking into.

I mean it is fact. It’s a reason UConn is using for Just Cause. Nothing I said is untrue.

You said it was THE reason, not A reason. With no mention of the NCAA recruiting violations ( 100 or so hours of interviews as part of investigation into men’s team ).

You also implied this was a fact rather than a sourced but unsubstantiated rumor. So you are guessing like all of the rest of us.

Reaction Score
You said it was THE reason, not A reason. With no mention of the NCAA recruiting violations ( 100 or so hours of interviews as part of investigation into men’s team ).

You also implied this was a fact rather than a sourced but unsubstantiated rumor. So you are guessing like all of the rest of us.

The reason Ollie is being fired for “Just Cause” is due to non compliant summer practices. Pretty weak. I’m not sure/I doubt this is the same thing the NCAA is looking into.

Did you not read my last sentence? Also I’ll trust my source that this is fact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom