Should we go there? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Should we go there?

Reaction Score
I think the Bridgeport fire marshal has some splaining to do ... the Bridgeport Arena's own web site says in basketball configuration the capacity is up to 9,000 attendance while for concerts it is 10,000 - last night's reported attendance per ESPN was 10,119 so 1,119 above max attendance for basketball and 119 above max attendance for any event!
Maybe the got special dispensation? I saw the fire marshall there both days.

Reaction Score
The mistake made by the committee was the seedings. Louisville should not have kept the one seed, and the very least should have been the 4th one seed, moving NC state up.
UCONN because of the injuries should have been a one seed when all their players returned, but we never got the proper credit.
Bridgeport should have been Louisville and UConn.
Louisville earned their #1 seed and they were the 4th one. NCST was technically ahead of them and got the closer location. It turned out to be a harder place, but the committee has to follow one way or the other -- location or easier spot. They choose locastion every time. And besides everyone saying Louisville didn't deserve it -- we would have been dealing with Baylor in their conference area if they hadn't lost. And what no one seems to acknowledge is that South Carolina is the ONLY team that won more top 25 games this year than Louisville -- that was Louisville's 4th straight Elite 8 - the only team this year. So again, they deserved their seed. They had to play NCST at NCST this year and the tourney is always in NC for a great home advantage. Otherwise we would have beat them. They get great home cooking in NC, especially on foul calls and 50/50 balls and out of bounds..

Reaction Score
Here's the problem I have when all these talking heads point the finger UConn played in Bridgeport, in same state as a lower seed team. I have no problem but these talking heads should also follow up/mention the NCAA has done this in prior years not only to UConn but to other teams as well....it's not just UConn, it's the way the NCAA works.

Reaction Score
Here's the problem I have when all these talking heads point the finger UConn played in Bridgeport, in same state as a lower seed team. I have no problem but these talking heads should also follow up/mention the NCAA has done this in prior years not only to UConn but to other teams as well....it's not just UConn, it's the way the NCAA works.
Well things change next year. The Regional's will be played at two locations. I believe they are at Greenville, SC and Seattle, WA. So does South Carolina have to play on the west coast and Stanford on the east? The year after the East is in Albany. Guess that UConn has to play in Portland and not the Portland in CT or Maine

Reaction Score
Should have said "a" number one seed. No offense intended :confused:. For the purpose of the example, that's a distinction without a difference. I don't know what the fix would be, but that was a tough, and likely avoidable, draw for NC State. Just trying to be fair-minded.
No matter where the games are played there is likely to be a team in the tourney from that area. Life goes on. It is not unfair. To be sure you are close to home be the best team and earn it. It is only unfair if it is UConn and that is only because they have, given history on their side, proven to be a good team who can upset anyone. This crying over nothing is tiring. Really good teams love going to other arenas because the fans rooting against them is used as a motivator.

Reaction Score
Yea...UCONN or any team never wins on the road. I heard none of this when SC played UNC in Greensville....and they were a #1 seed.
Greensboro NC.
Greenville SC

I don’t know where GreenSville is

Reaction Score
Well things change next year. The Regional's will be played at two locations. I believe they are at Greenville, SC and Seattle, WA. So does South Carolina have to play on the west coast and Stanford on the east? The year after the East is in Albany. Guess that UConn has to play in Portland and not the Portland in CT or Maine
That’s really gonna be strange having only two regionals instead of four.

Reaction Score
McNutt is a horrible commentator. Aside from her anti-UConn bias, the woman cannot enunciate. She speaks as if she has marbles in her mouth. She needs elocution lessons, her very own Henry Higgins

Reaction Score
Connecticut would draw a contingent of fans, and play well, if the games were scheduled on the Moon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom