Should UConn ever court storm?

Should UConn ever storm the court?

• Yes

Votes: 86 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 113 56.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Yes, of course, let the students have their fun.

Should you cut down the nets if you win the regional finals? Yes, by all means. Celebrate your wins. Feel good about it. I think that teams that don't cut down the nets after a regional final because they have "unfinished business" (and we did that once) are just taking joy out of their lives.

Reaction Score
Storm the court. You're in college once, enjoy it. I remember storming the field after the Larry Taylor phantom fair catch and it was one of my favorite memories in college. Enjoy yourself and forget what the old curmudgeons say we're "above" as a program. If you've graduated already, stay in your seat and let the kids enjoy themselves

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Since court storming is typically student originated and the current crop of students has not experienced the kind of success that would lead them to feel above common court stormers, I say let 'em storm it if we win a big enough game to spark it.

Reaction Score
i feel like court storming is for programs who are mid major or those who don't have much success in basketball. i remember a few years ago UNC rushed the court on Duke when they beat them and duke was 5th ranked and UNC was like 19-7 and were having a good season. was very debated at the time.

Reaction Score
"Egads Waldorf! Look at those students storming the court. How unseemly. Harrrumph."

B7p_E4TIUAIMjC-.jpg

Reaction Score
I was at the women's game when we beat Tenn to become number one in both men's and women's polls. I thought we were gonna storm the court. I kinda wish we did. I was super low in the student section behind the basket.

Reaction Score
You certainly may storm the court for a NC,
Regional final or even an NIT championship
If we win the AAC tourney this year then have at it. That’s an improbable NCAA bid.
Otherwise no,
Regular season wins at home are expected unless it’s against an NBA team.

Reaction Score
You certainly may storm the court for a NC,
Regional final or even an NIT championship
If we win the AAC tourney this year then have at it. That’s an improbable NCAA bid.
Otherwise no,
Regular season wins at home are expected unless it’s against an NBA team.
For all intents and purposes, courtstorming only occurs at the victor's home court. This precludes most tournament play.

Also, although I am generally in favor of courtstorming in almost all instances where it might reasonably be expected, I have to say I'd find it a bit cringeworthy if UConn fans stormed the court after an NIT final victory.

Reaction Score
I think in a situation where the students can storm to embrace Vital and Gilbert it would be worth it. A memory for them forever. Plus, anything to get the students reinvigorated again is worth it. Think of it as a “leaving the AAC” storm.

Reaction Score
I think in a situation where the students can storm to embrace Vital and Gilbert it would be worth it. A memory for them forever. Plus, anything to get the students reinvigorated again is worth it. Think of it as a “leaving the AAC” storm.

lol, didn’t think about that. if there was ever a reason to storm the court, it should be exiting the AAC win or lose

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Youngins gonna storm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member