Shocking headline | The Boneyard

Shocking headline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Inglacious can hit .235-.250 they don't need him. Big if but the kid is one of the best young SS in years.

Reaction Score
If Inglacious can hit .235-.250 they don't need him. Big if but the kid is one of the best young SS in years.
Ozzie Smith came up with the Padres in 1978. He was a terrific fielder (perhaps the best ever) but he couldn't hit. He was traded to the Cardinals four years later for Gary Templeton. Each year he became a better hitter until finally in his 30's, he was solid in the field and at the plate. At the age of 32, he hit .303 with over 1oo runs scored and 75 RBI. I think most of the Sox fans would like to see Iglesias become an Ozzie Smith. Of encouragement is the fact that he hit .297 in spring training.

Reaction Score

Not saying this because I'm a Yankee fan but as a baseball fan this kid can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag! If he gets to the Mendoza line it will be a major win for you guys!

Reaction Score
Not saying this because I'm a Yankee fan but as a baseball fan this kid can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag! If he gets to the Mendoza line it will be a major win for you guys!
Well he does make contact most of the time but he sure doesn't look like a hitter. I'm old school Mau, love to have great D up the middle but he can't put up pitchers hitting stats and be in the lineup, I'll take .230 and keep him with the big club.

Reaction Score
Well he does make contact most of the time but he sure doesn't look like a hitter. I'm old school Mau, love to have great D up the middle but he can't put up pitchers hitting stats and be in the lineup, I'll take .230 and keep him with the big club.

He is a great glove, great hands.......if they can hide him it's fine no doubt I agree!

Reaction Score
The Sox no longer have the luxury of carrying a weak hitting SS. The makeup of the opening day lineup with Bradley, Victorino and Iglesias with no Ortiz looks to be a Whitey Herzog type team. The problem is they play in a park built for slugfests. The Sox will be bringing knifes to gun fights and will be in last place again this year.

Reaction Score
The Sox no longer have the luxury of carrying a weak hitting SS. The makeup of the opening day lineup with Bradley, Victorino and Iglesias with no Ortiz looks to be a Whitey Herzog type team. The problem is they play in a park built for slugfests. The Sox will be bringing knifes to gun fights and will be in last place again this year.
What you say would be true but there are no outstanding hitting teams in the AL East except for maybe Toronto.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

FWIW, Iglesias is bating 1.000 with an RBI and run scored...;)

Reaction Score
Did he hit it out of the infield?
Nope, both infield hits but if he figures out he has to keep the ball down and use his speed he may hit my benchmark of .230. He spent a lot of time last winter in Arizona working with Pedroia. Pedroia was a little shocked that he never played pepper.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He'll get a game or two a week once Drew is back to form. I believe he's on the 7-day concussion DL and can retroact the transaction. Even the Red Sox shouldn't pay a stop gap $9 million to be a utility guy. It's another story if they can trade Drew, but I really don't see that happening before later June at the earliest. Does Iglacias have options? Pawtucket really is the best spot for him in order to get regular at bats.

Reaction Score
The Sox are probably not in a rush to get Drew back. I think they'd like to see what Iglesias can do. Although he did not get the ball out of the infield, yesterday was a confidence builder for him. He and Pedroia look good together.

Reaction Score
The Sox are probably not in a rush to get Drew back. I think they'd like to see what Iglesias can do. Although he did not get the ball out of the infield, yesterday was a confidence builder for him. He and Pedroia look good together.
I think you are right on target. The Sox definitely want to see how Inlesias handles real game major league pitching.

Reaction Score
The kid never hit anywhere, he never will. He looks overmatched vs a horrible CC.....he will not hit .230....mark it down!

He's a nice fielder with great hands you will get little from unless he's bunting...........period!

Husky25

Reaction Score
We can all agree that Iglesias probably won't be a career .300 hitter, and he will have a hard time getting balls over any fence unless it is behind him. But Iglesias, performed yesterday exactly as he should...the 9th batter in the lineup who hit .265 in the minors.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The kid never hit anywhere, he never will. He looks overmatched vs a horrible CC.....he will not hit .230....mark it down!

I'm marking it down right now. I know he's not going to average 2 1/2 hits a game all year. Eventually he won't have the luxury of facing Yankee pitching.

Reaction Score
I'm marking it down right now. I know he's not going to average 2 1/2 hits a game all year. Eventually he won't have the luxury of facing Yankee pitching.
You're right. After yesterday he is down to 2.333 hits per game.

Reaction Score

You're right Waq I can tell now after all those bunts, infield hits and ground balls this kids gonna be a stud hitter, my bad!!:rolleyes:.......................the April/May ox fans back after a 3-1 start................the only thing you had right was the part about the Yankees pitching............and the bad thing is they can't hit either!! Not gonna be fun for us but if I were you guys I wouldn't get ahead of myself........

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not gonna be fun for us but if I were you guys I wouldn't get ahead of myself........

Is it getting ahead of myself to mention that Iglesias avg. is over 400 points higher than Robbie Cano's?

Reaction Score
Two more hits for our boy today. He's hitting .529. Is Steven Drew thinking about Wally Pipp?

Reaction Score
Is it getting ahead of myself to mention that Iglesias avg. is over 400 points higher than Robbie Cano's?

You figure that one out Waq........I have cash if you do???? Let's see how good you think he'll be now????;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom