Shocked this has not been made into an huge issue.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shocked this has not been made into an huge issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Kim, Dawn,Brenda or Muffett would agree with you on this, and neither do I. I think you have incompetence across both genders for referees and very little competence overall-hate towards male coaches seems a little too conspiratorial.
I did not notice, how does that compare to the the overall pool of officials to be selected from? If someone manipulated the ratio to be different for Bridgeport I would have a hard time with that.
My children went to Patriot League schools and they should recruit both male and female officials from women's D1 Leagues. Despite some of the poor calls in recent games, refs in most college women's games are better officials in all areas-judgment, physical condition, and demeanor among them. Go watch a Patriot League - i.e. Bucknell, Holy Cross, etc. - game if you want to see poor/terrible refereeing.

Reaction Score
Define "negative."

The numbers show that the number of females coaching women's basketball is less than it has been. Many reasons - most which have been discussed ad nauseum. Some in the sport are concerned. No obvious "solutions."

I don't mind so much - do want to folks to question the reasons behind the trend and see if there's anything that can be done to support women entering the professions. I also want then to enter the general athletic profession.

As for "plotting" against the men - I always enjoyed that paranoid through line. Poor babies.

Who cares except those who love to stir up negative BS. Had all female coaches made it to the Final 4 this wouldn't even be a topic.

It's like saying the male coaches should have not coached so hard.

Gimmie a break.....Really?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Your last line says it all! I think many people just sit around all day searching for items which might cause a controversy. if you like the sport, just watch it and enjoy it.....and, by the way, why do so many women coaches wear high heels on a basketball court??
Definitely one of the great mysteries of our time. And some of those skirts look uncomfortably tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom