She's Baaaack | The Boneyard

She's Baaaack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dallas Wings re-sign forward Glory Johnson to a multi-year contract
Published on February 22, 2016

The Dallas Wings re-signed two-time WNBA All-Star forward Glory Johnson to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“We are thrilled Glory will be re-joining the Dallas Wings as we enter our first year playing in the DFW Metroplex,” said David Swatzell, President & CEO, Dallas Wings. “Glory’s return solidifies our front court and adds another proven performer to our roster. We believe Glory will play an integral role this season as our young and dynamic team competes for a WNBA Championship.”

A two-time All-Star (2013 & 2014), Johnson enters her fourth season in the WNBA in 2016, where she holds career averages of 13.7 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. She was also named to the All-Rookie Team in 2012 and the All-Defensive team in 2013. Johnson, 25, was a 1st Round Draft Pick of the Tulsa Shock in 2012, where she was the WNBA’s fourth overall selection coming out of the University of Tennessee.

Johnson missed last season due to pregnancy and gave birth to twins in October. She is currently in a divorce battle with Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner.

[LINK]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wuh? Maybe I completely missed the memo, but who the hell are the Dallas Wings? At first I thought it was a snack. Then I looked up the WNBA page and no more Tusla Shock. Does their roster include everyone from Tulsa? Do they have a new HC? Anyone know much about this?

Reaction Score
LOL, now she will ask 3 times money from Griner because a twin babes are involved.

Reaction Score
Wuh? Maybe I completely missed the memo, but who the hell are the Dallas Wings? At first I thought it was a snack. Then I looked up the WNBA page and no more Tusla Shock. Does their roster include everyone from Tulsa? Do they have a new HC? Anyone know much about this?
Sorry I thought it is Buffalo Wing.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Yep, the Dallas Wings are the old Tulsa Shock complete with the same roster (Diggins, Sims, Glory, et al.) and the same coaching staff -- Head Coach Fred Williams received a contract extension a couple weeks ago.

See here re contract extension:
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nba/article59480806.html

Reaction Score
Phoenix vs. Dallas, now that's a game I want to see. More drama than the Volnation Board.
June 18 in Phoenix - I'll be there for sure! (Had to check - this is after the Wings' first 7 games, for which Glory is suspended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom