Shayla Cooper to Transfer out of Georgetown. | The Boneyard

Shayla Cooper to Transfer out of Georgetown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Because of the coaching change?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I watched the first half of the Cal/Georgetown game and Lachina Robinson stated she was suspended indefinitely.

Averaged I think 16pts and 9 rebounds.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I watched the first half of the Cal/Georgetown game and Lachina Robinson stated she was suspended indefinitely.

Averaged I think 16pts and 9 rebounds.
from the article:
Cooper's status as a member of the Georgetown women's basketball team was incorrectly communicated on Sunday. She was not suspended. She informed the University of her intent to transfer on Saturday evening prior to Sunday's game against Cal. She leaves the team in good standing.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
from the article:
Cooper's status as a member of the Georgetown women's basketball team was incorrectly communicated on Sunday. She was not suspended. She informed the University of her intent to transfer on Saturday evening prior to Sunday's game against Cal. She leaves the team in good standing.

Yea, I read that but I was just repeating what the on air announcers repeated more than once.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Yea, I read that but I was just repeating what the on air announcers repeated more than once.

and on air announcers couldn't possibly be wrong. they have done their homework, know the players, and know how to pronounce the coach's surname

- just sayin'

Reaction Score
and on air announcers couldn't possibly be wrong. they have done their homework, know the players, and know how to pronounce the coach's surname

- just sayin'

Unfortunately most announcers do a few hours homework, and portray themselves as experts on a team they may have never seen play, or know very little about.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Saying something more than once does not make it any truer. It just leads people to think you are right if you say it often enough. It is the art of modern American politics.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes an odd situation - she was getting lots of minutes and seemed to be putting up good numbers. Situation there has to be a little strange, but ... would seem to be something off the court and not on.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Unfortunately most announcers do a few hours homework, and portray themselves as experts on a team they may have never seen play, or know very little about.

my point exactly

Reaction Score
Shayla Cooper was an under the radar player who moved from Florida to Diamond DeShield's high school team in Georgia. While Diamond was flashy, you had to notice Shayla's hard work at the 4. She was tough all-around- played D, muscled inside, rebounded, and had a good short range jumper. I was hoping we'd get both of them.

Reaction Score
6-2. Best to reserve opinions on this one. Lots of negative stuff going on here. The head coach and one ass't coach are suspended for unprofessional conduct and language issues.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
6-2. Best to reserve opinions on this one. Lots of negative stuff going on here. The head coach and one ass't coach are suspended for unprofessional conduct and language issues.
That is resolved. Current coach is Jim Lewis, technically an interim. Well thought of, long term, college head coach and WNBA assistant. He is north of 65 by a couple of years, lives nearby, so they hired him. The assistant was exonerated.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes an odd situation - she was getting lots of minutes and seemed to be putting up good numbers. Situation there has to be a little strange, but ... would seem to be something off the court and not on.
Clarification here - by off the court, I meant unrelated to basketball - was not implying that anything within the team be suspect.
The 'strange' in the first post is just referring to being recruited by one coach who is then fired at the beginning of the school year, so the team is probably just a little shocked/unsettled.
And agree Knight - it is resolved but still unsettling one would think for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom