Shabazz selected with the 3rd overall pick in the Puerto Rico league draft | The Boneyard

Shabazz selected with the 3rd overall pick in the Puerto Rico league draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Capitanes de Arecibo franchise made Shabazz the third overall pick in the BSNPR Draft. He is eligible for the draft because his mother was either born in PR or is of Puerto Rican descent (same reason he is part of the Puerto Rico National Team). Shabazz would have been the first overall pick, but teams are well aware of his NBA intentions and potential. Therefore, the teams with the top two picks selected players that are much more likely to play in the BSPNR. Arecibo will own Shabazz's rights if he ever decides to play in PR.

If for some reason the NBA does not work out for Shabazz he will be able to make a lot of money by playing in Europe and PR.

Reaction Score
Ain't nothing like job hunting when you already have a job!

Also 6 figures is a good earning, especially when tax free (doubtful in PR) and a good savings mindset.

I always felt that he was deemed for success on the court or off. He's on his way. NBA #1 for sure but if not he's 'safe'.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Shabazz is probably going to be an absolute steal for some team in the 2nd round. I hope I'm wrong, and he's good value as a 1st rounder.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Shabazz is probably going to be an absolute steal for some team in the 2nd round. I hope I'm wrong, and he's good value as a 1st rounder.
Spurs always make the smart pick, I could see him backin up the French

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Shabazz will go in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics