Shabazz NAPIER | The Boneyard

Shabazz NAPIER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The season before this epic title run was one of my favorites in UConn history. Considering we had already won three national titles at the time and were ineligible for the postseason, that is a pretty significant statement. I've bled Husky blue since the Chris Smith days, and I am not an emotional person, but the chemistry and pure pride the team displayed in the face of a tremendous amount of adversity resonated with myself and my fiancee (who I have converted into a diehard fan and actually ordered me the Shabazz SI selfie sweatshirt for my birthday in May).

One thing which pissed me off a lot last year is that Google's first suggestion when I began to enter 'Shabazz' into the search field was 'Muhammad.' No disrespect (although some may be warranted given his piss-poor rookie season), but I just couldn't fathom how few people were taking note of the emerging stud we all had the chance to relish day in and day out. Beyond his toughness, headiness and sheer skill, I respected the hell out of his leadership and virtually seamless adjustment to a new head coach. Now, on SportsCenter today, I heard the anchor rattling off the Heat's assets post-LBJ. When he got to Shabazz's name, he began to verbalize the surname but cut himself short and said something to the effect of "or simply Shabazz." My how far we have come.. such an impressive young man and stud on the court. I idolized Donyell, Ray, Khalid, Caron, Ben, Kemba and so many more, but Shabazz's resume is just so special. Let's all cherish what he did for this program and our lofty status as defending champs-

Reaction Score
The season before this epic title run was one of my favorites in UConn history. Considering we had already won three national titles at the time and were ineligible for the postseason, that is a pretty significant statement. I've bled Husky blue since the Chris Smith days, and I am not an emotional person, but the chemistry and pure pride the team displayed in the face of a tremendous amount of adversity resonated with myself and my fiancee (who I have converted into a diehard fan and actually ordered me the Shabazz SI selfie sweatshirt for my birthday in May).

One thing which pissed me off a lot last year is that Google's first suggestion when I began to enter 'Shabazz' into the search field was 'Muhammad.' No disrespect (although some may be warranted given his piss-poor rookie season), but I just couldn't fathom how few people were taking note of the emerging stud we all had the chance to relish day in and day out. Beyond his toughness, headiness and sheer skill, I respected the hell out of his leadership and virtually seamless adjustment to a new head coach. Now, on SportsCenter today, I heard the anchor rattling off the Heat's assets post-LBJ. When he got to Shabazz's name, he began to verbalize the surname but cut himself short and said something to the effect of "or simply Shabazz." My how far we have come.. such an impressive young man and stud on the court. I idolized Donyell, Ray, Khalid, Caron, Ben, Kemba and so many more, but Shabazz's resume is just so special. Let's all cherish what he did for this program and our lofty status as defending champs-

AMEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99