Shabazz = MONEY!!!!! It really seems like he is | The Boneyard

Shabazz = MONEY!!!!! It really seems like he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
deliberately hiding in the weeds quietly taunting the opposing team and us UConn fans; and, then, when the moment is just right...when either the opposing team thinks they've got it won or we are vomiting our frustrations all over this message board...here he comes...raining threes...and telling us all "I've got your back again you sons of b***ches!!!". This guy is freakin' unbelievable! And the look on his face never changes. As emotional as Kemba was, Shabazz is Mr. Cool. Don't think he's reached Kemba BE Tournament territory yet BUT................ I love this guy; and this team is clearly carving a special niche in the history of Husky hoops. Now let me go in the medicine cabinet and get a double dose of antacids. :)

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE STAIN!!!

Reaction Score
Good call on SN in "money" time.

He certainly isn't the most talented player in terms of NBA ability that has passed through Storrs, but I feel as comfortable with him having the ball late in the game as I have felt with ANY player to ever play at UCONN.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
For other teams, he is going to be the ultimate "How can he still be here?" player.

Think about - got publicity on the NC run as frosh.

Bit cocky as soph

Hit about a billion tough shots as a Junior.

Sneaky defender...

Reaction Score
He's Ben Gordon redux.......silent but deadly, background and foreground, best player on the court but you wouldn't know it, 12 points or 25 what do you want? Like Ben, Bazz can be frustrating to watch, like when you want him to just take over the damn game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the best part about bazz is hes actually young and not a year or 2 older than every kid at the school in his grade.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is Mr. Money. He completely takes over every single game no matter how out of rhythm he is. It's too bad he doesn't get the credit he deserves around here. He is a top 5 all time husky for so many reasons

Reaction Score
Shabazz is Mr. Money. He completely takes over every single game no matter how out of rhythm he is. It's too bad he doesn't get the credit he deserves around here. He is a top 5 all time husky for so many reasons

He's getting there.......stay another year and get them on a Madness run and he will climb real high!

Reaction Score
He is the calming influence on this team. Play UConn ball and it will all work out. BUT that triple 3 point explosion was insane!!!!

Reaction Score
Is there a more underrated player in America? I can't wrap my head around why he's never mentioned among the best guards in college basketball.

Lack of offensive aggression and unselfishness, these are the only reasons I can think of. He had 3 shots at halftime this game. In other words you have to watch him the whole game to understand how good he is. He defers a lot attempting to get others involved. If he were to do a Seth Curry and become a little more selfish I think the accolades and recognition would come. Right now the league and us fans really recognize and appreciate his talent. If he stays and plays in another tourney next year, its automatic. I think we're fortunate for his lack of aggression this year because the NBA would surely take more notice, and we know what that means. Bottom line, he's unselfish to a fault.

Anyway hoping he stays, lets see what pre-season teams he makes. Should make no less than 2nd team national and 1st team BE (if its still around).

Reaction Score
Is there a more underrated player in America? I can't wrap my head around why he's never mentioned among the best guards in college basketball.

I can't think of anything else but the ban, Phil Pressey is a very entertaining player to watch and I would give him the edge over Bazz in creating scoring opportunities for teammates(there really isn't anyone better than Pressey in that regard), but his shooting is abysmal and he's averaging nearly 4 TO's a game, yet all you hear is media scribes and announcers gushing over him but you don't hear a peep for Bazz. I guess this ban really does prove how meaningless the CBB regular season is, because if it was a given that UConn would play in the tourney Bazz would be getting alot more hype.

Reaction Score
Bazz defers to the point that today I was asking where the heck is he? Next year he #1 needs to be healthy and #2 needs someone to step up and be a threat inside. All that he and Boat are doing is with no one that the defense has to honor down low. Already looking forward to a special year next year.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Funny I was yelling that everytime he hit a 3 down the stretch today!

$MONEY$

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think Shabazz has been the best 3pt shooter since Rashad. Certainly better than Price, Dyson, or Austrie.

Reaction Score
I think Shabazz has been the best 3pt shooter since Rashad. Certainly better than Price, Dyson, or Austrie.

AJ Price shot 40% like Napier, but AJ took more 3s than Napier and did it for the entire season.

Reaction Score
He is one of the best, and IMO some NBA team will benefit. He's got a Jason Kidd mind but at this stage is a better shooter, plus he's showing improvement every year. One of the best guards we ever had and that's no small feat.

Reaction Score
He is one of the best, and IMO some NBA team will benefit. He's got a Jason Kidd mind but at this stage is a better shooter, plus he's showing improvement every year. One of the best guards we ever had and that's no small feat.
I hope you're right about him making an NBA team, but I think his body will bring him overseas for his career (still a GREAT way to make a living!). When you are as small as he is, you have to be an INSANE shooter, or INSANELY fast. I don't think he fits either bill. I love 'em and couldn't be happier he's a Husky, though.

Reaction Score
I can't think of anything else but the ban, Phil Pressey is a very entertaining player to watch and I would give him the edge over Bazz in creating scoring opportunities for teammates(there really isn't anyone better than Pressey in that regard), but his shooting is abysmal and he's averaging nearly 4 TO's a game, yet all you hear is media scribes and announcers gushing over him but you don't hear a peep for Bazz. I guess this ban really does prove how meaningless the CBB regular season is, because if it was a given that UConn would play in the tourney Bazz would be getting alot more hype.

I think another problem ace, is the retirement of JC. Many in the media(understandably so), feel that the retirement of a legendary coach equals the demise of a program. UConn will either take a major step back or fall of the face of the college basketball earth. KO has done a phenomenal job. I'm excited about next season. If everybody comes back, Shabazz will get a ton of accolades. Let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
He's Ben Gordon redux.......silent but deadly, background and foreground, best player on the court but you wouldn't know it, 12 points or 25 what do you want? Like Ben, Bazz can be frustrating to watch, like when you want him to just take over the damn game.
I really like the Ben Gordon comparison. I never thought of it like that until reading this.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the National Semifinal Game vs. Kentucky when Shabazz stepped up and knocked down those two huge clutch free throws?

Shabazz has onions! He proves it time and time again

I was so pumped up when he hit those 3s in OT today. Such a consummate UConn player.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
What I love most is the kid's demeanor this year. It never changes.

The kid has got stones and I never doubted he was going to make all the necessary free throws.

Reaction Score
My buddy has like "Bazz only missed that shot at the buzzer to pad his stats" heading into OT and we laughed. 11 points in 5 minutes later, he may have been on to something!

Reaction Score
I'm not really seeing the BG comparisons. Their games are very different, as are their attitudes. BG was probably a better shooter, much more athletic, but until he exploded all over MSG his junior year, he was inconsistent. I think Shabazz's "sleepy periods" are less a matter of lack of assertiveness and more a matter of a deliberate attempt to get others involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom