SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would KO play Diallo at the 3 with Gilbert and Adams? I know he's more of a traditional 2 guard.. thoughts?

Yes absolutely. I think after this coming season our lineup will be Gilbert, Adams, Diallo, Larrier, and then Enoch and Diarra splitting time.

Reaction Score
Would KO play Diallo at the 3 with Gilbert and Adams? I know he's more of a traditional 2 guard.. thoughts?
A lot of 3G-Set, when not at the 2 when Adams or Gilbert need a blow. KO will have a ton of roster flexibility.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
2016:
1- Adams / Gilbert
2- Gilbert / Purvis?
3- Diallo* / Purvis?
4- Larrier / Facey
5- Brimah? / Enoch

*pending reclassification

HOLY
FUC|<ING
!

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
2016:
1- Adams / Gilbert
2- Gilbert / Purvis?
3- Diallo / Purvis?
4- Larrier / Facey
5- Brimah? / Enoch

HOLY
FUC|<ING
!

Not even a "?" for DHam?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
2016:
1- Adams / Gilbert
2- Gilbert / Purvis?
3- Diallo / Purvis?
4- Larrier / Facey
5- Brimah? / Enoch

HOLY
FUC|<ING
!
I think we'd be best if Larrier played the 3. Some of our most dominant teams came with a super athletic small forward who can rebound and get out in transition (Rudy Gay, Stix Robinson, Donny Marshall, Caron Butler eras). Surround that with great guard play and a defensive center and you're in business for a 30 win season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ollie has told players uconn is positionless. Diallo won't have a "set" position

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ollie has told players uconn is positionless. Diallo won't have a "set" position

All of the positions he'll be playing will be power forward.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
ooooooof
He really seems set on killing this perception that he is a UConn lean, which is not good for us exactly. Seems he wants more offers to come in now that he's rising in the ranks and doesn't want coaches to be scared off my the local program thought to be the favorite.

Reaction Score
He really seems set on killing this perception that he is a UConn lean, which is not good for us exactly. Seems he wants more offers to come in now that he's rising in the ranks and doesn't want coaches to be scared off my the local program thought to be the favorite.

Or....like most of these kids, he wants his big announcement (whenever it is) to be a surprise.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how anyone still takes anything these kids say publically at face value.
Seriously. One of the main Rivals writers was miffed that Gilbert decided to commit before taking all visits like it was completely unheard of for recruits to say one thing in an interview and do something else.

Reaction Score
Feel the same way. Starting to get a bad feeling about him. If so it's his loss

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Again, do you guys realize Sterling Gibbs denied he had committed to UConn on Twitter and then literally waited 20 minutes before committing to UConn?
I feel like Gibbs is a different situation. Our insiders caught wind that him and his father were in contact with KO about possibly transferring in, so clearly his comments were to avoid tampering charges or whatever, but he was going to UConn regardless. Diallo seems like he doesn't like tht everyone assumes he's going to UConn because of its local vacinity and his friend Diarra being there, so much so that he's made it a point to say he's not a UConn lean. Anyway this is all conjecture and let's just be happy for our pther commit today.

Reaction Score
Seriously. One of the main Rivals writers was miffed that Gilbert decided to commit before taking all visits like it was completely unheard of for recruits to say one thing in an interview and do something else.
Which writer was this?

Reaction Score
It's wise for diallo to play it coy, regardless of what goes down. Adding him to a core of Adams/Gilbert/Larrier would be pretty crazy to think about though. That's an elite team right there ...

Reaction Score
I feel like Gibbs is a different situation. Our insiders caught wind that him and his father were in contact with KO about possibly transferring in, so clearly his comments were to avoid tampering charges or whatever, but he was going to UConn regardless. Diallo seems like he doesn't like tht everyone assumes he's going to UConn because of its local vacinity and his friend Diarra being there, so much so that he's made it a point to say he's not a UConn lean. Anyway this is all conjecture and let's just be happy for our pther commit today.
Well then how can you twist yourself up in knots to explain Gilbert telling reporters for awhile that he was wide open, was planning on taking other visits that never happened, and that Louisville was going to be a major factor in his recruitment? Not saying Diallo is a done deal to UConn, but I don't get how you think you have any read on his recruitment at all from some tweets and some interviews with recruiting reporters. We also saw some of the same pump fakes from Jalen Adams AAU coach when Kansas and then Louisville got involved. At this point you would think guys would learn to let things play out but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom