SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They are going to be a top 15 preseason team next year. Smith-Rivera is more clutch than any guard on Uconn's roster coming back next year. I'm a Uconn fan but I think their overall team is better. We will find out soon because they play each next season.

Smith-Rivera declared for the draft

Reaction Score
Officially staying in 2016: http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1538437-brown-receiving-heavy-interest?s=75

"I’m not going to 2015 anymore,” he said. “I’m going to stay 2016 and stay with my class."

His recruitment is burning hot with high-majors on the board extending scholarship offers. He insists he has no timeline and won’t extend any regard to geography. It’s all about fit.

”I have offers from Texas, UConn, Indiana, others … there’s a lot of interest,” he said.

Brown added that the Huskies were happy to take him either as a 2015 or 2016 prospect, while everyone else primarily views him as a junior, not a senior. The Longhorns obviously represent a new offer given the coaching change, but Shaka Smart had recruited him at VCU and simply transferred that interest to a bigger program. In recent days, SMU has extended an offer as well.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hey, I'd rather have him in '16 than not at all. We're still way up there.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Disappointing. I hope we land him next year at least.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This means our chances of landing him just plummeted.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I have a feeling this will be a really disappointing recruitment, we'll probably end up in his top 3 and he'll go elsewhere. I don't know why, just a weird feeling...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have a feeling this will be a really disappointing recruitment, we'll probably end up in his top 3 and he'll go elsewhere. I don't know why, just a weird feeling...

We tend to fare better with the local guys (like JA and SE). The big top 3 misses were, for the most part, guys who we got in on recruiting late from different parts of the country that were not traditional UCONN hotbeds. I know that some folks are still sore over T. Mack, but we made his top 3 after recruiting him for just a couple of months (his thread here was created on September 12), which when isolated is incredibly lucky.

Reaction Score
I wanted this kid for '15 but really want him for '16 as well. Hell of a player, we have to have a leg up here, he's cousins with Jalen and we've been on him for a while.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Maybe Ollie needs to show recruits how well Curry and Thompson have done since Golden St. dumped the St. Johns' boys, first Mullen then Jackson.

Reaction Score
Officially staying in 2016: http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1538437-brown-receiving-heavy-interest?s=75

"I’m not going to 2015 anymore,” he said. “I’m going to stay 2016 and stay with my class."

His recruitment is burning hot with high-majors on the board extending scholarship offers. He insists he has no timeline and won’t extend any regard to geography. It’s all about fit.

”I have offers from Texas, UConn, Indiana, others … there’s a lot of interest,” he said.

Brown added that the Huskies were happy to take him either as a 2015 or 2016 prospect, while everyone else primarily views him as a junior, not a senior. The Longhorns obviously represent a new offer given the coaching change, but Shaka Smart had recruited him at VCU and simply transferred that interest to a bigger program. In recent days, SMU has extended an offer as well.

This puts a damper on our chances of landing an impact back court player for this coming season. we don't appear to be involved with any of the transfers, if we land someone at this stage it would be totally out of the blue. Hoping the Gibbs rumors are true.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
St. John's is going to be a real pain in the ass with all the recruiters they have.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I feel like our staff gets in a good place with all these recruits and then drops the ball after that. Really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom