SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brown really does remind one of Dyson, strong finisher and nice elevation on his jumper. I think he would be impact guy at UConn early as dynamic fast break guy and good at creating shot in half court. Would love to get him although carter or Lovett is a huge need as a second point.

Reaction Score
Nice looking shot, plays D and he can finish after contact. Grab him.

Reaction Score
Brown really does remind one of Dyson, strong finisher and nice elevation on his jumper. I think he would be impact guy at UConn early as dynamic fast break guy and good at creating shot in half court. Would love to get him although carter or Lovett is a huge need as a second point.
We have the schollys-sign em all.

Reaction Score
Brown is a much better (elite) athlete and defender. Doesn't play point, but can handle the rock ok. I like his versatility over Carter's, but recognize that we could use additional ball handling/pg help.

My personal preference is Brown, because I think he and Jalen could wreak havoc together and there should be enough ball handling among the 4-5 guards. Jalen is also a combo guard, but he will be groomed to play point.

I don't think Carter is the desperate need everyone is making him out to be. Personally, I'd take the talent of Brown first.

Reaction Score
I don't think Carter is the desperate need everyone is making him out to be. Personally, I'd take the talent of Brown first.

Carter becomes a lot less of a need if TSam continues to step it up.

Reaction Score
Carter becomes a lot less of a need if TSam continues to step it up.

I still think many are putting too much into TSam's last few games, many of the minutes against zones. He's been better and solid I agree but still. We need another ball handler still I think. Hope I'm wrong.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I still think many are putting too much into TSam's last few games, many of the minutes against zones. He's been better and solid I agree but still. We need another ball handler still I think. Hope I'm wrong.
Let's not forget that DHam has also looked like a top-flight facilitator, and SamIIAm could/should come back healthy next year.

I wouldn't say no to Carter if he wanted to sign, but I don't think getting him to Gampel is crucial. Barring Stone or Pappagiannis, the two guys I'm most intrigued by are Brown and the German forward.

That said: whoever signs first.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Corey Evans - who had us on Enoch before anyone, and generally is well-regarded - thinks we're looking good on both Brown & Carter:

Corey Evans‏@coreyevans_10
@hedgedhusky think Brown decision will come in coming weeks. All depends on ability to qualify as a 15. Look good w/ both Brown & Carter

Any of the recruitniks around here hearing rumblings? Evans has picked us to get both Carter & Smith (clearly hedging his bets), but Brown is the big one IMO.

Reaction Score
If we pick up Carter and Brown we will have 13 scholarship players. When is the last time we had that?

Brown would likely be our third top 100 recruit this class, since it seems certain he would crack it after reclassifying. I wonder if he won't count as a good get too since he is from New England?

Reaction Score
Corey Evans - who had us on Enoch before anyone, and generally is well-regarded - thinks we're looking good on both Brown & Carter:

Corey Evans‏@coreyevans_10
@hedgedhusky think Brown decision will come in coming weeks. All depends on ability to qualify as a 15. Look good w/ both Brown & Carter

Any of the recruitniks around here hearing rumblings? Evans has picked us to get both Carter & Smith (clearly hedging his bets), but Brown is the big one IMO.
Bruce Brown and Traci Carter for next year and things start to look very up around here but as stated, Bruce Brown won't count because he's from New England and is Jalen Adams cousin.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we pick up Carter and Brown we will have 13 scholarship players. When is the last time we had that?

Brown would likely be our third top 100 recruit this class, since it seems certain he would crack it after reclassifying. I wonder if he won't count as a good get too since he is from New England?
Funny but recruiting fears diminish when the team does well and resurfaces when team struggles. We spin things a lot based on this.

A few years back there were women's posters questioning Geno's recruiting ability/philosophy when the team didn't make it to the final 4 three years in a row. 2005, 06 and 07. Only made it to the sweet sixteen and then elite 8 twice. The extent of the criticism was on par with what you read here this season.

Problem may not be with recruiting as much as it is with fans.

Reaction Score
Bruce Brown and Traci Carter for next year and things start to look very up around here but as stated, Bruce Brown won't count because he's from New England and is Jalen Adams cousin.
Don't forget Carter doesn't count either. He may be a 4*, but he is not in the top 100. Probably isn't any good. Of course 5 of our 8 rotation guys who played against Kentucky weren't in the top 100, but still, you can't win with them.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Carter doesn't count either. He may be a 4*, but he is not in the top 100. Probably isn't any good. Of course 5 of our 8 rotation guys who played against Kentucky weren't in the top 100, but still, you can't win with them.
I just wish New England players counted because it seems like there are a million good ones nowadays.

Reaction Score
What I've been told on Brown is that the staff is talking with him and waiting to hear from him about whether he will move up to 2015 or stay in 2016. At that point they will decide to either make him a major target (2015) or stay on him as a plan B to some bigger names (2016).

ctchamps

Reaction Score
What I've been told on Brown is that the staff is talking with him and waiting to hear from him about whether he will move up to 2015 or stay in 2016. At that point they will decide to either make him a major target (2015) or stay on him as a plan B to some bigger names (2016).
Not questioning your sources but this is probably someones opinion vs. what the coaching staff has discussed. If not than the staff needs to tighten up who they speak with because this would turn off most recruits.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Funny but recruiting fears diminish when the team does well and resurfaces when team struggles. We spin things a lot based on this.

A few years back there were women's posters questioning Geno's recruiting ability/philosophy when the team didn't make it to the final 4 three years in a row. 2005, 06 and 07. Only made it to the sweet sixteen and then elite 8 twice. The extent of the criticism was on par with what you read here this season.

Problem may not be with recruiting as much as it is with fans.

The next half-assed psychobabble post from you gets you punched in the throat.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The next half-assed psychobabble post from you gets you punched in the throat.
What do I have to do to get punched in the head?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is the Boneyard.

There are no punches to the head here because I am a gentlemen.

A briefly-paralyzing punch to the throat cleanses your sins.
I have way too many to be cleansed by that tepid act. But I'll take your advice and try to go for the full ass approach. Can't have too many half assed people in the Boneyard. Dilutes the absurdity.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
A) thanks
B) that's kind of disappointing
C) Who are the bigger names we'd be targeting?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The clearinghouse will tell the tale with Brown.

Despite the noise, if he wants to commit for either year, they'll take him.

Reaction Score
The clearinghouse will tell the tale with Brown.

Despite the noise, if he wants to commit for either year, they'll take him.

Yeah, I didn't buy that nonsense about making him wait. If a top-50ish guy wants to commit, you take him. We're not Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Not saying we wouldn't take him. Saying he isn't plan A next year. Plan A is very likely Tyus Battle who, at this point on their careers, is a better player. Similar to any position any other year the staff has their pecking order as to who they want at each postion.

If he comes to 2015 he's the guy as is Carter right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom