SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Does anybody know how long after the Louisville visit we heard from VJ King? Should we be concerned that we haven't really hard much? I know Louisville is in the drive seat and we're on the outside looking in, but curious if there's anything else to read into here or just wait 'n see.

I believe scout had an article 3-4 days later.

Reaction Score
Does anybody know how long after the Louisville visit we heard from VJ King? Should we be concerned that we haven't really hard much? I know Louisville is in the drive seat and we're on the outside looking in, but curious if there's anything else to read into here or just wait 'n see.

He enjoyed his visit, liked coach p, but was looking forward to his Uconn visit. He stated in the article that he wants to make his decision before the start of his season. Connecticut, Louisville, Arizona, Virginia, and Kentucky are his final 5.

Reaction Score
Coming soon...

Attachments

• vj king.png
    vj king.png
    250.6 KB · Views: 187
Reaction Score
Probably Louisville bound, but would obviously love to be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.

Reaction Score
Interesting that he'd say "real soon" just days after his UConn visit. That can't be anything but good. I'd say it's 60-40 between us and Louisville right now with them still favored but it wouldn't shock me if he committed to UConn anymore.

Reaction Score
From what everyone says, he is a lock for Louisville. All I am saying, is for UConn to have a legit shot, this is how it goes down................ fingers are crossed.

Reaction Score
Did anyone hear anything on the visit at all? @tcf15 @CallMeBruce @husky99 @3uconn @Zionn

I heard the same talking about playing time concerns as 99. That still doesn't make sense to me, so I'm assuming it's a rationalization for why he's picking Louisville. I don't have any actual information about which one he's going to choose, but I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't pick Louisville.

Reaction Score
From what everyone says, he is a lock for Louisville. All I am saying, is for UConn to have a legit shot, this is how it goes down...... fingers are crossed.
I think the fact that he even took the visit gives us a fighter's chance. Then when you consider how hot KO is on the recruiting/transfer trail right now, I wouldn't say I'm optimistic, but I think we have a somewhat decent shot.

Here's to hoping KO can keep this hot streak going.

Reaction Score
The Virginia board think he's going there, the Sabre

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The Virginia board think he's going there, the Sabre
Did he even visit Virginia? Serious question, just wondering all I've heard about are the Ville and UConn visits.

caw

Reaction Score
Well from the little out there he loved the UL visit and expressed concerns about PT during UConn.

If he is legit picking soon, he gave UConn a shot at trying to convince him. Doesn't appear he's giving any other school that chance.

Fingers crossed.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We need our third King!!!
we-three-kings.jpg

Reaction Score
King is an elite top 15 player. I would think if he committed to Uconn it would be the other guys on the roster that would have to worry about playing time not him. It's not like we are Kentucky with 10 McD's all americans to share time with. There is a potential scenario where Adams, Cassell and Larrier are the only perimeter players left on the 2016 roster and Larrier is as much a threat for minutes at the 4 as he is at the 3. Even if we added a point like Gilbert, I doubt someone with King's ability would be the one getting squeezed out of playing time.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
It seems weird that L'Ville is the only Adidas school on his list. I would put my money on him sticking with a Nike school. This has been a trend. Wasn't Diamond Stones AAU squad sponsored by UA? and he ended up at a UA school...not that this is always true but it seems to be a trend. Thoughts? How big of a role are sponsors now playing in recruiting...all I have to say is I am happy we are a Nike school.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Well he's likely to have a press conference announcing his decision. Mamadou increased our percentage in these to like 1/500 so I'd say we have a chance.

caw

Reaction Score
It seems weird that L'Ville is the only Adidas school on his list. I would put my money on him sticking with a Nike school. This has been a trend. Wasn't Diamond Stones AAU squad sponsored by UA? and he ended up at a UA school...not that this is always true but it seems to be a trend. Thoughts? How big of a role are sponsors now playing in recruiting...all I have to say is I am happy we are a Nike school.

ULs assistant is well connected with Nike AAU programs in general and worked for team takeover (Kings AAU program).

Have to give the kid credit for keeping this close to the vest.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Is that the same assistant that signed Blakeney?

...I kinda hope so

Reaction Score
He has nothing to worry about with playing time. Even if Hamilton stays, he'll start. If Hamilton stays the lineup would be Adams, Purvis, King, Hamilton, and Brimah. And if Hamilton leaves the lineup would be Adams, Purvis, King, Larrier, and Brimah. Elite talent like King will start no matter where they go.

Reaction Score
If he is worried about playing time we should not worry about him coming here, after all then we would already have better players here.

Reaction Score
King is an elite top 15 player. I would think if he committed to Uconn it would be the other guys on the roster that would have to worry about playing time not him. It's not like we are Kentucky with 10 McD's all americans to share time with. There is a potential scenario where Adams, Cassell and Larrier are the only perimeter players left on the 2016 roster and Larrier is as much a threat for minutes at the 4 as he is at the 3. Even if we added a point like Gilbert, I doubt someone with King's ability would be the one getting squeezed out of playing time.

UConn players who didn't start as freshmen included Deandre Daniels, Shabazz Napier, Ray Allen, Jeff Adrien, Charley Villanueva and Ben Gordon. Oh -- and Kevin Ollie. Not all really outstanding college players start -- or get all the minutes they want -- as a freshman. Even if -- God forbid -- people who sell opinions on players for a salary think they are "elite."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom