SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked Alpha Diallo's game too. A lot of good talent on the court for sure, would've loved to see more D but hey that's not AAU.

Reaction Score
I liked Alpha Diallo's game too. A lot of good talent on the court for sure, would've loved to see more D but hey that's not AAU.
*Kicks a dead horse* I clearly saw some unguarded chairs sitting court side.

Reaction Score
Heard from a few places that the zona talk is just talk. Not sure there has even been contract yet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Heard from a few places that the zona talk is just talk. Not sure there has even been contract yet.
So are you confirming my suspicions that some alumni for U of A are still paying players?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No.. just saying there is a ton of gossip out there
It was your accidental misspelling of contact (you wrote contract) that I'm having fun with!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think we might want to do ourselves a favor and move on here. Disappointing, but that's how these things go sometimes.
Agreed. No matter how good of a recruiter Ollie is, he can't compete with these big time schools in awesome conferences. If we were in the Big 10 or AAC, Ollie would be able to recruit up there with anyone.

Dunno why people want to give up all of a sudden. Ollie was on him early and that's important to some recruits. We don't know what this kid's thinking.

Keep your iron in the fire until it goes out.

Reaction Score
Dunno why people want to give up all of a sudden. Ollie was on him early and that's important to some recruits. We don't know what this kid's thinking.

Keep your iron in the fire until it goes out.

He did specifically say that he didn't care which teams were in on him early. He may be lying, but I doubt it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He did specifically say that he didn't care which teams were in on him early. He may be lying, but I doubt it.

Fair enough, but he could change his mind on that. Who knows? And do we really know which programs/coaches he likes the most?

Reaction Score
wow he said that? ha see ya wenyen. Its usually a recruit saying " oh they were on me early, before anybody else" in a positive light. i rarely hear one spout he doesn't care about people who were on him early pre- a meteoric rise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
wow he said that? ha see ya wenyen. Its usually a recruit saying " oh they were on me early, before anybody else" in a positive light. i rarely hear one spout he doesn't care about people who were on him early pre- a meteoric rise.

I think call me bruce is referring to an interview where Wenyen was asked, and he responded as follows:

"With the offers coming in later from programs like Kentucky, Kansas, Duke and others relative to when others have offered you more earlier—how do you feel about that?

WG: I just feel like they started to realize my talent a little bit later. It’s not a big deal."

Reaction Score
Liked the kids early interviews and things can be taken in the wrong context as we all know. Let's wait it out.

But i will admit if the kid gets giddy over these offers suddenly and goes the direction of the devil, I will want our guys to see them down the road and hand his a can of whoop a**!

Reaction Score
I think call me bruce is referring to an interview where Wenyen was asked, and he responded as follows:

"With the offers coming in later from programs like Kentucky, Kansas, Duke and others relative to when others have offered you more earlier—how do you feel about that?

WG: I just feel like they started to realize my talent a little bit later. It’s not a big deal."
ah. misinterpreted that.

Reaction Score

Actually I read that positively -- he at least notes who was in touch with him early (even if he claims in the interview that it doesn't matter). If nothing else, our early involvement is a positive in his recruitment.

Regardless, this is a savvy kid with a good head on his shoulders. He won't be swayed by the hype and will make a good decision based on basketball, even if it is to go somewhere else.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe not the same, but this is like when Ollie lost out on Abu, after putting the most effort out than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom