SF Deng Adel (Louisville Commit) | The Boneyard

SF Deng Adel (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like UConn is after this kid, who is starting to blow up. Here's an excerpt from 247 article about him:

Deng Adel told InsideTheVille.com Friday at the Adidas Gauntlet in Indianapolis that Louisville, Florida and UConn have ‘prioritized’ him as recruit in the 2015 recruiting class.

“Right now Louisville, Florida, UConn they’re all looking at me right now,” Adel said.

“I think he can be a Top 10 kid because he’s so versatile,” Florida Elite coach John Liptak told InsideTheVille. “I put him in the middle of the zone and he can attack or make a nice little pass. Stepping outside he can shoot. He can handle the ball well enough to distribute on the break. And he’ll defend. You don’t find too many kids who can do all that.”

Ranked No. 27 nationally by 247Sports, Adel looked like an elite prospect Friday in a blowout win over the Oakland Rebels Friday night. Tremendously versatile, Adel made threes, ran the break, rebounded at both ends, knocked in midrange shots and distributed the ball to open teammates.

Reaction Score
Nice all around game…….good left hand, decent enough handle, good mid range step back, good post moves…….what's not to like?

Reaction Score
From Scout:

“Right now I have Louisville, Florida, and UConn,” listed Adel. “I let my coach handle a lot of that, but those three schools are recruiting me real hard.”

While Adel is new to this country, he has been watching college basketball for a little while, so there is familiarity with the schools now recruiting him.

“I was always watching basketball in Australia, I didn’t really grow up watching any teams, but I have always been watching the game,” said Adel.

Louisville: “Being recruited by a school like that is crazy,” said Adel. “They are one of the best programs and it is an honor to have them recruiting me.”

Florida: “It is exciting to hear from Florida,” said Adel. “You get excited when you hear from a school like that, and their coaches seem like great guys.”

UConn: “It is always good to hear from a team that just won a national title,” said Adel. “I love watching March Madness, and to see them win it all and have them recruiting me is exciting.”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
From Scout:

“Right now I have Louisville, Florida, and UConn,” listed Adel. “I let my coach handle a lot of that, but those three schools are recruiting me real hard.”

While Adel is new to this country, he has been watching college basketball for a little while, so there is familiarity with the schools now recruiting him.

“I was always watching basketball in Australia, I didn’t really grow up watching any teams, but I have always been watching the game,” said Adel.

Louisville: “Being recruited by a school like that is crazy,” said Adel. “They are one of the best programs and it is an honor to have them recruiting me.”

Florida: “It is exciting to hear from Florida,” said Adel. “You get excited when you hear from a school like that, and their coaches seem like great guys.”

UConn: “It is always good to hear from a team that just won a national title,” said Adel. “I love watching March Madness, and to see them win it all and have them recruiting me is exciting.”
Lol his quote about us smokes the other 2

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Our recruiting pipeline is gnikcvf chock full right now. If we land just a few of these guys we'll be sweet.

Really want a kid from Australia (damn you Majok), as I'm a dual citizen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nice all around game…….good left hand, decent enough handle, good mid range step back, good post moves…….what's not to like?
While it is tough to determine in high school because of the disparity in competition, there is no word on his defense.

Reaction Score
Australia's national team 10 years from now could have three nba all stars, exum, simmons, and thon maker.

Reaction Score
Australia's national team 10 years from now could have three nba all stars, exum, simmons, and thon maker.
I didn't realize Thon Maker was from there also...I love that kid, skies the limit for him.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
He's a Dinka tribesman from the southern Sudan . They were a peaceful , cattle herder tribe . Before the unrest .Notable Dinka basketball players Manute Bol , Luol deng , Ajou deng , Ater majok , Akoy agua, Majok majok and Thon maker .

Luol Deng has had the best career of that tribe thus far, Akoy Agua is currently at louisville and the The two that came to Uconn ( Ajou Deng + Ater Majok ) didn't turn out to well. With that being said I wouldn't mind this kid but I would love for Thon Maker to come to Uconn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's a Dinka tribesman from the southern Sudan . Other notable Dinka basketball players Manute Bol , Luol deng , Ajou deng , Ater majok , Akoy agua, Majok majok and Thon maker .

Luol Deng has had the best career of that tribe thus far, Akoy Agua is currently at louisville and the The two that came to Uconn ( Ajou Deng + Ater Majok ) didn't turn out to well. With that being said I wouldn't mind this kid but I would trade 100 head of cattle for Thon Maker to come to Uconn.

Ha, that's pretty phucked up, but my kind of phucked up!

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Ha, that's pretty phucked up, but my kind of phucked up!

What's plucked up about it. There currency for the most part used to be long horned cattle before things changed but since it was taken " that " way I changed the post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The first video looks like it was shot with a potato. Kid looks great though. I trust KO as usual

Reaction Score
He's a Dinka tribesman from the southern Sudan . They were a peaceful , cattle herder tribe . Before the unrest .Notable Dinka basketball players Manute Bol , Luol deng , Ajou deng , Ater majok , Akoy agua, Majok majok and Thon maker .

Luol Deng has had the best career of that tribe thus far, Akoy Agua is currently at louisville and the The two that came to Uconn ( Ajou Deng + Ater Majok ) didn't turn out to well. With that being said I wouldn't mind this kid but I would love for Thon Maker to come to Uconn
'
We haven't had the greatest success with "The Dengs"... :( Could this be the one to break the mold?

Reaction Score
While it is tough to determine in high school because of the disparity in competition, there is no word on his defense.

Heard it's a ton better than Papi!!;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What's plucked up about it. There currency for the most part used to be long horned cattle before things changed but since it was taken " that " way I changed the post.

For what it's worth, I'd trade 100 head of cattle too.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I love his ability to adjust his body and go for short bank shots instead of attempting dunks when the angle is wrong...a skill that a lot of much more experienced players lack.
The film quality of the first video reminded me of Niels Giffey's tapes...that worked out pretty well though, didn't it?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure every recruit we've been involved with the past few years is also involved with Louisville and Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom