Seth Davis Show: Kevin Ollie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seth Davis Show: Kevin Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope that every UConn fan on this board takes the time to watch this interview. If you do not come away from this 35 minutes thinking we have the right man for this job, then you are either delusional or a hater. I would send my son to be coached by Kevin Ollie any day of the week. He gets it. About life... and being the leader of boys, and helping them to grow into young men we can be proud of.

Unfortunately, some of the posters on this board don't.

No one, no way, no how could have asked for anything more out of the first 2 full seasons and almost completed 3rd season since Calhoun's departure. And as much as I will always feel Coach Calhoun did as good a building and sustaining job as college basketball has ever seen, he left a smoking pile of crap for anyone coming after him. What Ollie has done is nothing short of amazing.

Am I disappointed at not getting one or two of these recruits we targeted (we were late to the game, but looked like we had a legitimate shot with Tevin Mack, Chris Clarke and Derrick Jones)... sure. Although at least one of them is on faulty ground academically, which DOES make a difference to our coach. But seeing what he is about... the substance of this man... and the results he has brought us so far... I think gives him the right to have some breathing room - a lot of breathing room - and continue to grow into this job.

Over time, the results will speak for themselves. Both on and off of the basketball court.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"I'd rather be interested in my players than be interesting."

A thousand words in a single sentence.

If there is a guy out there who is just the anti-Calipari, it's Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
We will be all set if Terence Samuel has a 13 year NBA journeyman career or if Hamilton becomes an All-Star, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom