Seth Davis Final Four Hoop Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seth Davis Final Four Hoop Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
kenny smith da gawd. he's been giving us daps on basically everything BEFORE the tourney even started. he sees how we have two guards better than most in the tourney,

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Florida vs. Connecticut

Just like Kentucky, the Huskies took advantage of all these opportunities, but make no mistake, they are playing at a level considerably above where they played during the regular season. You don't get to a Final Four purely on luck, but it helps. This is still the team that went 12-6 in AAC play and suffered a 33-point defeat at Louisville less than a month ago. UConn caught a wave and rode it to North Texas. On Saturday night it will be playing the best team in the country, and it will need some luck to earn another game Monday night.​

Cannot believe no one commented on this. Between you and me, we all know exactly how this transpired. Mojo.

wave-3 (1).jpg

Reaction Score
And that was AFTER he said at the half that MSU was the much better team and would blow us out in the 2nd half.
You're sooo right Rich! He really wanted to be on record at the half as saying this was going to turn into a blow out. I'm sure many others were thinking the same thing could easily happen...but it didn't! When the game was over, I thought he was going to apologize to UConn, or at least admit how wrong he was. Though I didn't hear him say either of those things, he instead praised the Huskies for their outstanding defensive effort.....something that many other "experts" didn't even seem to notice!

Reaction Score
kenny smith da gawd. he's been giving us daps on basically everything BEFORE the tourney even started. he sees how we have two guards better than most in the tourney,
You know it James! I recall Kenny Smith mentioning before the tourney started that we had a chance to go deep into it ...due to our outstanding guard play alone. He's been proven right at each step along the way so far...and he's not backing down either. I love that he is (and possibly Jay Williams too) such a silent voice out there. UConn is feeding off of that lack of confidence in them and lack of respect ...just like they did back in '99 against that heavily favored Duke team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You know it James! I recall Kenny Smith mentioning before the tourney started that we had a chance to go deep into it ...due to our outstanding guard play alone. He's been proven right at each step along the way so far...and he's not backing down either. I love that he is (and possibly Jay Williams too) such a silent voice out there. UConn is feeding off of that lack of confidence in them and lack of respect ...just like they did back in '99 against that heavily favored Duke team.

Good call on Jay Williams. Before the tournament, he pegged us as a team that could go far because of our guards and Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
I love that everyone thinks that MSU just inexplicably chose to shoot nothing but 3's. You really think Izzo saw them chucking 3's and was like "oh im good with that...way to go...keep shooting 3's"? Please. It was our scheme and the execution on D that forced them to shoot from where they shot.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
boy do they look down on the Nova win. Glossed right over that didn't they. I know Nova was "only" the top#2 seed on the s curve. Had they beaten the Hall in the little east Tourney they probably would have been a 1 seed.
agree...Villanova is getting more disrespected than UConn is. And St Joseph's was under-seeded in my humble estimation ....but who cares ...... they only played UConn

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We lost by 33 to Louisville? I wasn't aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom