Set your DVR: Huskies All-Access Show tonight 9:30-10:30 SNY | The Boneyard

Set your DVR: Huskies All-Access Show tonight 9:30-10:30 SNY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
great is someone could figure out how to upload it to here for us non-SNYers (my little cable company is still negotiating with ESPN-3 sob...)

Reaction Score
I sometimes take for granted how lucky we are to have our favorite team play every game on tv. Or to have a pre and post game show. Or that our coach has an almost weekly show giving detail behind the team's performance. And now we get an all access show. Amazing how lucky we are to have all the access we have to the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
Interesting clip there of Stewie riding down the street and onto the court on a hover board.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Farney - spot on. I loved what CPTV did for the Uconn program, and cannot praise them enough, but ...

SNY has been fabulous in what they have brought to the program. These shows are better than most of the stuff produced for professional teams in any sport, let alone college teams. Production values, content, and amount of footage produced are all great. And of course the stars - coaches and players are pretty special too!!! :)

The look inside the program is amazing and has to be great recruiting material for those HS kids that aren't afraid - it isn't just a pretty picture being painted and the 'honesty' portrayed I think cuts across the normal recruiting BS.

This one was pretty special. And shows how brutal the high end of college sports is in terms of work, and coaching, and pressure - but also how rewarding it can be in friendships and accomplishments and camaraderie. And for those who go through it, what a maturation process it provides. They have done training with the military in the fall a few years, and in some ways it compares to bootcamp, except it is extended through 4 years - perhaps not as intensive and certainly the objective is different, but much longer in duration.

And I loved both the section with Mariah's parents and the early bits of Stewart then coming full circle at the end.

Amazing! And such a privilege for us to get that peek behind the curtain.

Reaction Score
For those that could not see it, in my opinion Genos quote of the night...If Stewie worked as hard as Maya Moore they would cancel the NCAA tournament. :D
He also mentioned twice in a practice session, worst player on the floor #30...
It was a loud and clear message of if you have a thin skin and or lack of confidence this is not the place for you.
Also showcased was upper classmen taking on the roll of mentoring the youth. Great stuff on our out going seniors.

Credit HoopsFan21 below for follow up chance to see the show.
Repeats tomorrow night (Thursday 2/25) at 6:30 PM followed by a new Geno Show at 7:30.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great bits from Sue Bird as well when she was on campus working out and practicing with the team in Dec (?) - about how it can be hell when you are in the middle of it but how everyone that comes through the program is so grateful for what Geno and the coaches have given them.

Reaction Score
For those that could not see it, in my opinion Genos quote of the night...If Stewie worked as hard as Maya Moore they would cancel the NCAA tournament. :D
It was a loud and clear message of if you have a thin skin and or lack of confidence this is not the place for you.
Also showcased was upper classmen taking on the roll of mentoring the youth. Great stuff on our out going seniors.

- Geno repeatedly shouted: "You STINK, Stewie." In front of everybody. What other coach would get all over his best player, the best player in America? Only Geno.

- My favorite clip was of Moriah Jefferson's mother Robin relating a conversation she had with her daughter about being the first UConn recruit from Texas and moving so far away from home. Robin said if Moriah wanted to go, then she should go and "soar." And that Moriah's All-American honors meant far less to her devout Mom than the fact that her daughter had maintained her "character and integrity." Beautiful.

- Sue Bird's words about playing for Geno, attending UConn, and how it has made all the difference in her life! What a recruitment video.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Credit HoopsFan21 below for follow up chance to see the show.
LOL. After Maya left, at one of the early season practices, Geno asked the team who was going to take Maya's role of working hard every second. I don't think anyone responded or even made eye contact with him.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Geno: "If Stewie had Maya Moore's work ethic, they'd cancel the NCAA tournament."

Reaction Score
Farney - spot on. I loved what CPTV did for the Uconn program, and cannot praise them enough, but ...

SNY has been fabulous in what they have brought to the program. These shows are better than most of the stuff produced for professional teams in any sport, let alone college teams. Production values, content, and amount of footage produced are all great. And of course the stars - coaches and players are pretty special too!!! :)

The look inside the program is amazing and has to be great recruiting material for those HS kids that aren't afraid - it isn't just a pretty picture being painted and the 'honesty' portrayed I think cuts across the normal recruiting BS.

This one was pretty special. And shows how brutal the high end of college sports is in terms of work, and coaching, and pressure - but also how rewarding it can be in friendships and accomplishments and camaraderie. And for those who go through it, what a maturation process it provides. They have done training with the military in the fall a few years, and in some ways it compares to bootcamp, except it is extended through 4 years - perhaps not as intensive and certainly the objective is different, but much longer in duration.

And I loved both the section with Mariah's parents and the early bits of Stewart then coming full circle at the end.

Amazing! And such a privilege for us to get that peek behind the curtain.
So true, great post.

Reaction Score
(snip)

I too was reminded of the military except in my case it was 4 years (USAF Academy) and my step-son's experience (West Point) was the same. One time after I had graduated, someone asked me how I liked it. I responded that at the time I didn't. Then the question: "why not?" My answer was "because it was damn hard!" But now, I would not trade the experience for anything. Kind of like the experience at UConn shown in this excellent show.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I too was reminded of the military except in my case it was 4 years (USAF Academy) and my step-son's experience (West Point) was the same. One time after I had graduated, someone asked me how I liked it. I responded that at the time I didn't. Then the question: "why not?" My answer was "because it was damn hard!" But now, I would not trade the experience for anything. Kind of like the experience at UConn shown in this excellent show.
Had not thought about the comparison to the service academies - but it is a much better one than bootcamp. Again a different final goal, but the process of building trust and confidence and loyalty- creating a 'team' - and the incredible physical workload on top of serious academic work - very apt.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This piece was extremely well done by SNY. It deserves consideration for an appropriate award for local TV production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom