Set your DVR folks for the Geno Project tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Set your DVR folks for the Geno Project tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i miss the last 10 minutes due to the drag racing but after watching the 1st 20....i was very surprised that DeMoss was interviewed. I thought she was one of the people that hated UCONN/Geno all this time?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
According to Geno's godfather in Italy we are pronouncing his name wrong 'lo these many years Ore-e-ma! or Ore-E-ma!!! We do seem to throw another syllable into it and call it good. Anyone else catch that?
Yes i did - but it is more subtle in than what you post I think - it is not an anglo word or foul combination so we over emphasize the ending sounds to create destinct syllables - in Italian it ends up as sort of 1/2 syllables.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes i did - but it is more subtle in than what you post I think - it is not an anglo word or foul combination so we over emphasize the ending sounds to create destinct syllables - in Italian it ends up as sort of 1/2 syllables.

As you say it was more subtle than my - dashes- may suggest. I was just trying to break it into syllables for comprehension purposes: on the ear softer and quicker. Ice says someone should tell Geno. I think we need congressional hearings during the lame duck session; keep them safely occupied.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just re-watch the videos which are now posted as four separate ones on ESPNW for those who missed it or like me only got part of it because of the drag racing.
The difference is most people put an accent on that 'ay' prior to the final 'ma' and that seems to be the difference with the godfather not stressing anything but the initial sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom