Serves them right... | The Boneyard

Serves them right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One thing that always seems to work in UConn's favor is the intensity and speed with which UConn plays and teams being unfamiliar with it. Mississippi State was a great example and I think OSU found out as well. We have seen it again and again in recent years... South Carolina, Texas last year, etc. Having some familiarity with the pace of the game is a big plus going in.

Syracuse could have had that advantage this year if they would have scheduled UConn so that Stewie could have played in front of her home town fans and family. Instead they turned UConn away and played it safe.

I'd say it serves them right... I hate losing Lou but I am confident in our defense. I hope they give Syracuse a real lesson on courtesy and "doing the right thing" tonight.

Reaction Score
Geno schedules everybody because he wants his team to get better and to play against tough teams. You can either challenge your team or duck opponents in an attempt to make your team look better than they are for tournament seeding. Geno wants to know how good his team is and wants them to peak at the end of the year. That's how he got his 2003 team to win a championship. D helped too. ;)

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Geno schedules everybody because he wants his team to get better and to play against tough teams. You can either challenge your team or duck opponents in an attempt to make your team look better than they are for tournament seeding. Geno wants to know how good his team is and wants them to peak at the end of the year. That's how he got his 2003 team to win a championship. D helped too. ;)
Spot on. For a perfect example, just look at next year's ridiculous nonconference schedule. I would be surprised if Geno expects next year's team to go undefeated through that gauntlet. But as he recently said, UConn's goals are not about winning streaks anymore; they're all about putting the team in the best possible position to win in March/April. That means constantly challenging the team throughout the season so it (hopefully) learns how to play its best in time for when that really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom