Series with LSU now confirmed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Series with LSU now confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Home and home starting next year in Connecticut. Also, a game at Colgate which will serve as Breanna Stewart's homecoming.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/03/lsu-uconn-agree-to-home-and-home.html
I liked this for the link. I think every player should get a game close to home. On the other hand I feel bad for Colgate for obvious reasons.
Now maybe just maybe if Geno, Chris, and Shay were to suit up and start they could let Stewie play more than half the game.

Reaction Score
LSU was in the Tournament field this year..Hopefully it will help with our SOS for the next 2 years. Since Duke decided not to schedule us going forward we needed a worthwhile opponent to replace that game. LSU is a good replacement. They are competitive SEC member , unafraid , and willing to sign a home and home agreement. So I give them a lot of credit.
I can't fathom that waste of time remark. I thought the same thing with helping the strength of schedule part of the equation. Others have mentioned (rightfully so) that there are very few teams who this team would not bury. UConn has done a heck of a job trying to build their OOC schedule as best they can and they could do a lot worse than schedule LSU. There are many teams that I'd love to play that I'm sure avoid us for fear of getting "clocked" or just don't want to do anything to help build up UConn's schedule.

Reaction Score
If you want to be the best you have to play the best. It may take them a few years, but they need to get a view of what they are aspiring to. Good for them. I for one would like to see them return to their glory days.

Reaction Score
I really would have liked to see Stewie in the Carrier Dome next year, she would have had a lot of family and friends from this area to watch her play. Oh well, SU's loss. We went to Nashville last year with some of her family and friends and leaving for Tampa Friday to be with about 36 of her Family and friends to see her win No. 3. It doesn't get much better than that, other than no. 4 next year.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
... Colgate is going to get flossed.
upload_2015-3-27_13-9-18.png

Reaction Score
I think Florida State, which could be a decent game.
I don't think UConn should be helping out FSU. They are like BC when it comes to UConn. It would only benefit them by playing UConn, not the other way around.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If you are gonna go there. Go with this "Killer" version.

What? You couldn't find the original Roger Miller version? I guess if you gotta settle.

And with a game against Texas, maybe this is an intro to UConn joining the B12, or the Texas B10, or whatever that conference is. UConn vs. TCU in field hockey, a must see.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if we even approached Syracuse. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't, thanks to the lingering animosity regarding conference realignment.

Colgate's gym is tiny. They could probably fill half of it just with Stewie's family and friends. When Jake Voskuhl played his homecoming game at the University of Houston during his senior season (1999-2000), he had 600 friends and family members in attendance.
Not so sure- i heard the Stewart's don't have a lot of friends!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Not so sure where you heard this but it couldn't be any further from the truth.
It was absolutely meant to be funny--- I was with her grandfather watching the men in Nashville and a large contingent--- it was absolutely a joke- bad one at that! :)

Reaction Score
It was absolutely meant to be funny--- I was with her grandfather watching the men in Nashville and a large contingent--- it was absolutely a joke- bad one at that! :)
I was there too, sitting with Stewie's Grandparents and will be with them in Tampa. Maybe I'll see you again?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I was there too, sitting with Stewie's Grandparents and will be with them in Tampa. Maybe I'll see you again?
Wow! Unfortunately we aren't going to Tampa! It was rockin last night in Albany- great game!!!! Stewie goes to a whole nother level at crunch time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom