Semi Positive Post By Me | The Boneyard

Semi Positive Post By Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There have been many success stories throughout time and years with many of Uconn’s athletes. But in my opinion Kevin Ollie is at the top of the list when it comes to the ultimate success and money was not my determining factor.

His success began when he made the decision to attend Uconn and to be coached by Hall of Famer Coach Calhoun. He was the consummate team player and always had the fine qualities to be a leader and now a coach. You could see through his development in his younger years at Uconn that he was destined to become someone special in the world of basketball. He was respectful, listened well, developed into a 13 year NBA career and wanted always to learn the game through and through. I clearly remember having a conversation with my friend and now Associate Coach Glen Miller years ago and asking him, who is going to replace Calhoun ? My list of names included Glen, Mark Few, Bill Self along with others but he did not hesitate in saying that Kevin Ollie will be the next Uconn Basketball Coach. His character as a person, ability to relate to the players, fans and administration and his overall coaching style has become an instant hit amongst the Uconn faithful.

The list is endless on both the men’s and women’s side when it comes to the most overall successful Uconn athlete ever. Again, my opinion is Kevin with #2 being Gerry Vanasse.

caw

Reaction Score
There have been many success stories throughout time and years with many of Uconn’s athletes. But in my opinion Kevin Ollie is at the top of the list when it comes to the ultimate success and money was not my determining factor.

His success began when he made the decision to attend Uconn and to be coached by Hall of Famer Coach Calhoun. He was the consummate team player and always had the fine qualities to be a leader and now a coach. You could see through his development in his younger years at Uconn that he was destined to become someone special in the world of basketball. He was respectful, listened well, developed into a 13 year NBA career and wanted always to learn the game through and through. I clearly remember having a conversation with my friend and now Associate Coach Glen Miller years ago and asking him, who is going to replace Calhoun ? My list of names included Glen, Mark Few, Bill Self along with others but he did not hesitate in saying that Kevin Ollie will be the next Uconn Basketball Coach. His character as a person, ability to relate to the players, fans and administration and his overall coaching style has become an instant hit amongst the Uconn faithful.

The list is endless on both the men’s and women’s side when it comes to the most overall successful Uconn athlete ever. Again, my opinion is Kevin with #2 being Gerry Vanasse.

My bracket will remain perfect with a loss.

From top to bottom this team deserves a loss. WTF this is the NCAA tourney and they ought to be ashamed of this display of basketball.

No Khalid
No Freeman
No John Gwynn
No Kemba
No Chris Smith
No Emeka

This team lacks all the great qualities the above mentioned had -- heart, passion and desire

Reaction Score
Sorry but trying to shame will never happen. Your posts are irrelevant to me. Seriously, I could care less. Yes I get upset when they play poorly but the funny part is some of you losers feed right into it and have no life but to live behind a keyboard.
[/quote

Reaction Score
You can take your semi-positive posts and shove them right up your ...

I don't live behind a keyboard. I have 3 smartphones, two tablets, and insatiable desire to run 2 ultra marathons a week. That's right. I'm man enough to run 200 miles a week with all of them.

And this is me with the first ever hands free cell phone (patent pending).

7.png

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
william shea said:
Sorry but trying to shame will never happen. Your posts are irrelevant to me. Seriously, I could care less. Yes I get upset when they play poorly but the funny part is some of you losers feed right into it and have no life but to live behind a keyboard.
Now we're cooking with gas again!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quite obviously your google search of Gerry was not complete. Google the 1984 Boston Marathon and see where this Uconn Grad finished. He finished 2nd in the greatest marathon in the world. He was defeated that day by the greatest marathoner of that time, Geoff Smith of England. Gerry was a world class athlete and competed at this level for many years. So get your info correct windbag.

Oh BTW windbag -- I have purchased another smartphone along with 4 pairs of running shoes. Get a life keyboard ...........................
William Shea = Gerry Vanesse? If so, what a self absorbed wind bag. BTW, google is an amazing thing http://www.pingry.org/page.cfm?p=543&viewdirid=208 Only thing missing in that bio was the number of cell phones he owns.

Reaction Score
Quite obviously your google search of Gerry was not complete. Google the 1984 Boston Marathon and see where this Uconn Grad finished. He finished 2nd in the greatest marathon in the world. He was defeated that day by the greatest marathoner of that time, Geoff Smith of England. Gerry was a world class athlete and competed at this level for many years. So get your info correct windbag.

Oh BTW windbag -- I have purchased another smartphone along with 4 pairs of running shoes. Get a life keyboard .......
Fail. I'm pretty sure the self absorbed bio covered that. RIF - reading is fundamental asswipe.

To whit - Vanasse’s post-collegiate athletics career included competing at the world-class level for Team Adidas USA as a sponsored international distance runner. His running career spanned five years, highlighted by a second place finish in the 1984 Boston Marathon

caw

Reaction Score

See I already successfully tried. I didn't hit a button wrong nor not make the attempt. What you meant was, "Sorry but successfully shaming me will never happen."

Now that we have that cleared up...SHAME SHAME SHAME.

Reaction Score
So your point is that he is not qualified to be a former great Uconn athlete. Ummmmmmmmmmmm 2nd in the Boston Marathon. You have much to learn about accomplishments young man.

I guess Skittles knows best -- oh no I'm sorry it's skiblets -- maybe Skittles can run 26.2 miles with 5 smart phones and eat a bag of Skittles along the way. Have a good night candy man. Keep feeding me, I love it
Fail. I'm pretty sure the self absorbed bio covered that. RIF - reading is fundamental asswipe.

To whit - Vanasse’s post-collegiate athletics career included competing at the world-class level for Team Adidas USA as a sponsored international distance runner. His running career spanned five years, highlighted by a second place finish in the 1984 Boston Marathon

Reaction Score
for whatever reason this thread is hilarious.

and good for the mojo.

by the way gerry vanesse smells bad i heard.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

I'm just curious as to your friend Glen's reaction upon learning you characterized the fruits of his year-long labor as heartless and gutless?

Hopefully he punched you in the throat and/or kicked your sack in....

Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/ncaa-tournament

More mojo:

4 Articles about the Final Four:

The Florida article covers Billy Donovan. The Kentucky article discusses their hot 3 point shooting. The Wisconsin one focuses on Kaminsky becoming a celebrity

UConn? Gary Parrish talks about all 4 teams and how no matter who wins, a popular narrative will be proven wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 9.51.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 9.51.17 PM.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 16

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I hope both UCONN and Wisconsin win to shut up these "experts".

UCONN is DOOMED

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You can take your semi-positive posts and shove them right up your ...

I don't live behind a keyboard. I have 3 smartphones, two tablets, and insatiable desire to run 2 ultra marathons a week. That's right. I'm man enough to run 200 miles a week with all of them.

And this is me with the first ever hands free cell phone (patent pending).

7.png

Really like the contoured strap.

Reaction Score

good to have you back!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01