Select Company for WBB and MBB | The Boneyard

Select Company for WBB and MBB

Reaction Score
In the 85-year history of NCAA MBB and 42-year history of WBB, there have been ONLY FIVE schools that have won NC in both the men's and women's tournaments. They are:

UNC- 6 M/1W (7 total);

Stanford- 1M/3W (4 total);

Maryland- 1M/1W (2 total);

Baylor- 1M/3W (4 total); AND

UCONN- 6M/11W (17 total)

The amazing thing is, UCONN by itself has the same amount of NC as the other four schools COMBINED!!! (17). WOW!!! If this stat doesn't solidify UCONN as the basketball capital, then I don't know what else will. I cannot foresee this record getting broken anytime soon, because most schools that have a really good basketball team in one gender, typically doesn't have the same level of success in the other (maybe 15-20 schools have both teams in the tournament consistently, if not every year. Boy, are we spoiled!!

Reaction Score
In the 85-year history of NCAA MBB and 42-year history of WBB, there have been ONLY FIVE schools that have won NC in both the men's and women's tournaments. They are:

UNC- 6 M/1W (7 total);

UCONN- 6M/11W (17 total)

The amazing thing is, UCONN by itself has the same amount of NC as the other four schools COMBINED!!! (17). WOW!!! If this stat doesn't solidify UCONN as the basketball capital, then I don't know what else will. I cannot foresee this record getting broken anytime soon, because most schools that have a really good basketball team in one gender, typically doesn't have the same level of success in the other (maybe 15-20 schools have both teams in the tournament consistently, if not every year. Boy, are we spoiled!!
Storrs should be called "Bannerville".

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

UNC- 6 M/1W (7 total);

UCONN- 6M/11W (17 total)

UConn also has 2 dual championships (2004, 2014) and the most combined Final Four appearances.

F8537F0B-F3FD-4EBD-9913-63ADD47E4B8F.jpeg

Reaction Score

UNC- 6 M/1W (7 total);

UCONN- 6M/11W (17 total)

24/25: 7 & 12!

Reaction Score
We have been indeed blessed with success from our basketball programs. One of the biggest factors is that the prinary coaches that have made it happen: Calhoun, Hurley, Geno,and CD, have stayed to sustain the success when they had other opportunities waved in front of them that they could have taken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom