Sedona Prince | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230406_184215.jpg

Reaction Score
so with all the injuries and missed seasons, how much time does she have left? Has she fully recovered?

Reaction Score
so with all the injuries and missed seasons, how much time does she have left? Has she fully recovered?
Sedona stared off at Texas but a broken leg kept her out for the season.
Then she transferred to Oregon which required her to sit out a year.
Sedona then played two years at Oregon.
Before her third year, she injured her elbow and had to sit out another year.
I’m pretty sure she also has a COVID year.
However, I believe that there are rules regarding the length of time she is eligible and she might have to get a waiver or two to extend her playing days if she wants to. She is currently on the Ali Patberg path. Both young ladies have had their playing careers disrupted.

Reaction Score
Originally I thought she was among a group of talented C's that experienced injuries their senior year, or just before the season started, that because they might not be recovered enough for the WNBA season, might be good candidates to enter the portal. Those included Prince, Lee from Kansas State, Soares from Iowa State, and Key from Tennessee. Later I had hopes Jackson from Kansas might be a candidate, but she returned to school, so now Prince might be the only high level portal C.

As I understand it, she applied for the draft and the portal, and would have to renounce her draft submission to use the portal. I believe she could do that but I'm sure there is a deadline for that too and I don't know what it is.

Regardless although I was initially interested, the more I learn about her the less interested I am, even if she was the only viable option. Seems too much like a me first type of player, who is very high maintenance, high drama, and a little too interested in social media. So as much as I am in the camp to seek out a good experienced true C so the youngsters don't have to be thrown into the fire their first year, if the only talented one in the portal is Prince, I think I would pass.

Reaction Score
First of all we have no indication that she is interested in UConn and vice versa. But if she is indeed interested I'm sure Geno and his staff will have a heart to heart discussion with her about what would be expected of her, both as a player and teammate, before any commitments are made on both sides. Having said that she'd be a great addition if it all worked out.

Reaction Score
She definitely would fill a huge void on the team next year. Poor AE was overwhelmed by all the minutes this past year - you could literally see her worn out by Tourney time. This team needs a proven Big that at the very least can play competitive minutes. Geno could then move AE to her natural position at the 4.

Reaction Score
First of all we have no indication that she is interested in UConn and vice versa. But if she is indeed interested I'm sure Geno and his staff will have a heart to heart discussion with her about what would be expected of her, both as a player and teammate, before any commitments are made on both sides. Having said that she'd be a great addition if it all worked out.
If she has any interest we better jump on it. We need her size inside. She could be the missing piece we need to carry us to the promise land !

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how CD would go about covering up all the tats Sedona has. This may become an issue someday when a fantastic prospect is covered in ink, but is hard to pass up. Something to think about.
Could such a player opt to wear a sleeve on the tatted arm/leg?

Reaction Score
Probably. Lou wore a patch on her forearm. However she had a second tattoo that was visible and not covered up.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Originally I thought she was among a group of talented C's that experienced injuries their senior year, or just before the season started, that because they might not be recovered enough for the WNBA season, might be good candidates to enter the portal. Those included Prince, Lee from Kansas State, Soares from Iowa State, and Key from Tennessee. Later I had hopes Jackson from Kansas might be a candidate, but she returned to school, so now Prince might be the only high level portal C.

As I understand it, she applied for the draft and the portal, and would have to renounce her draft submission to use the portal. I believe she could do that but I'm sure there is a deadline for that too and I don't know what it is.

Regardless although I was initially interested, the more I learn about her the less interested I am, even if she was the only viable option. Seems too much like a me first type of player, who is very high maintenance, high drama, and a little too interested in social media. So as much as I am in the camp to seek out a good experienced true C so the youngsters don't have to be thrown into the fire their first year, if the only talented one in the portal is Prince, I think I would pass.
Except she doesn't consider herself a Center. Doesn't like physical play; doesn't like playing in the paint; and is not a good rebounder.

Reaction Score
Scroll back up to the photo in DrummerDee’s post #3 in this thread. Sleeves are visible on her left arm and right leg. I would have to look at other images to see if they are covering tattoos

Reaction Score
Injuries and long periods on the bench typically change your perspectives on basketball and life. Coaches have to figure out if players are willing to do what it takes to contribute and succeed at UConn. The player has to decide how they are willing to change and adapt. We will know soon enough what the coaches decide and what the player decides to do.

sun

Reaction Score
Sedona is extremely likeable but she can also be polarizing which could result in being a distraction, divisive & disruptive to the team off the court.
The qualities that she can bring to the team could be either a blessing or a curse, & there would be the risk of affecting the culture of the team away from being completely focused on championship basketball.
I doubt that Geno would be any more interested in Sedona than her interest in UConn which may only be lukewarm to begin with.

Last edited:

PvP

Reaction Score
Sedona is extremely likeable but she can also be polarizing which could result in being a distraction off the court & divisive to the team.
The qualities that she can bring to the team could be either a blessing or a curse, & there would be the risk of affecting the culture of the team away from being completely focused on championship basketball.
I doubt that Geno would be any more interested in Sedona than her interest in UConn which may only be lukewarm to begin with.
My recollection is that when she was leaving Texas, it came down to a choice between the Ducks and the Huskies so at least at one point there was a mutual interest, although a lot of water has passed under the bridge.

sun

Reaction Score
My recollection is that when she was leaving Texas, it came down to a choice between the Ducks and the Huskies so at least at one point there was a mutual interest, although a lot of water has passed under the bridge.
UConn wasn't the only other team that she visited besides Oregon & that was almost 4 years ago.

"The commitment came on the heels of Prince's official visit during the final weekend of June. She had taken trips to UCONN and Notre Dame in previous weekends since announcing her transfer from Texas on June 5."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tattoos aside, Prince is a strong post presence and rim protector with a decent shot from 15’ in, a nice passing ability for a Big, and she plays hard. If there is a “missing piece” to another title run next season for the Huskies, it is the lack of an “experienced” center.

As others have pointed out, she did stop by Storrs to “kick the tires” during her basketball odyssey. Once upon a time, Prince was a “can’t miss” star, who was almost certain to end up in the W. Now, she’s probably looking at one more chance to salvage her basketball career.

I don’t know what type of person Prince is or whether she would fit in at UConn. But I would not object if Geno decides to “kick the tires” to see if Prince might be that “missing piece” to banner #12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom