Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Whew, I was worried @Dillon77 had turned you to the green side. That’s how it starts, they slowly infiltrate us, reaching out for visits to Brooklyn and our fine colleague @JordyG and then they want you to look into their eyes. DON’T DO IT! :eek:
Well, truth be told, I do like corn beef and cabbage, and listening to the Clancy Brothers... :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hello. I’m new here. I’ve been a UCONN fan since 1973 and and women’s basketball fan from day one. I must say that this is an aggressive group. I opened with a few posts and some people got a bit testy. I want Prince to choose UCONN, but not every recruit does and for a variety of reasons. I have no insight into what Prince is thinking. I was just suggesting some items that might play a role. I clearly wasn’t talking about getting from the airport to the XL Center. Any one suggesting that is just plain silly. There are, however, certain airports that are harder to get to, and more expensive with fewer flights per day than some of the main hubs. I fly to Knoxville from Newark and know that Knoxville is one of those airports. But it sure is easy getting into town from the airport in Knoxville. Anyway, I hope Prince picks UCONN. I hope Geno figures out a rotation that keeps the players happy so they don’t transfer out. I hope we go on a run and win another 4 in a row.

I have no dog in this fight..... but these two lines made me
laughing.gif

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whew, I was worried @Dillon77 had turned you to the green side. That’s how it starts, they slowly infiltrate us, reaching out for visits to Brooklyn and our fine colleague @JordyG and then they want you to look into their eyes. DON’T DO IT! :eek:
It's just that occasionally I think about grass, pistachio's, and the Starbuck's and Whole Foods signs. In the summer when I make lemonade I started putting a few drops of lime in the mix. I'm a big fan of Smokey Robinson and Vanessa Williams and their eyes. I love fried plantains. When I built my gaming computer the predominant color is...is...is....OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
as expected...........didn't think it was going to be that easy did you?

ND was the school to beat from the beginning IMHO. I think she just wanted to do her due diligence by visiting UConn, wouldn't be surprised at all if she commits during the visit to ND.

Reaction Score
If she is planning a visit to Notre Dame still, that says it all. If she was wanting to go to UConn she would have committed on the visit. She has been to Notre Dame before, i think she wanted to make sure of it and gave UConn a look. She will be playing for Muffet :(

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I choose to belief that we don't know which of these is appropriate. Song For The Broken Hearted or When You Say Nothing At All.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The defeatist attitude of some on this board is mind boggling. Sedona is rumored to be making a trip to ND next week so UConn clearly has no chance.... :confused:

Give me a break. Geno is a fantastic recruiter who connects with young people as well as any coach in college sports...period. For any talented young player, UConn remains the pinnacle of WBB. There is no other program, including MM’s that guarantees a talented player who’s willing to work the opportunity for success, not only as a basketball player, but as an individual.

Sedona Prince may well end up at ND, but I for one am not prepared to concede that possibility when the Huskies continue to successfully recruit top players like Paige, Nika, Aubrey, Ania, Christyn, Liv, Megan, Evina, Evelyn & Crystal.

Reaction Score
Something that may not have been discussed in this thread so far................................I can't imagine any recruit that wouldn't want to play on the same court as Paige Bueckers......................whose going to do a better job of getting you the ball where and when you want it?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing that has been used against UCONN effectively of late is lack of playing time. Geno has a habit of playing the bench barely at all. Opposing teams have basically said "go to UCONN, you sit on the bench". Given that we already have ONO, I have no doubt Muffet will hit that hard.

As long as Geno et al. addressed that effectively, I like our chances. UCONN's recruiting has been better than ND's over the past 2-3 years. We have a better core group. ND is trying to rebuild. Solid recruits but not in the same league as UCONN. Plus we have Bueckers and Muhl and they don't.

Reaction Score
The defeatist attitude of some on this board is mind boggling. Sedona is rumored to be making a trip to ND next week so UConn clearly has no chance.... :confused:

Give me a break. Geno is a fantastic recruiter who connects with young people as well as any coach in college sports...period. For any talented young player, UConn remains the pinnacle of WBB. There is no other program, including MM’s that guarantees a talented player who’s willing to work the opportunity for success, not only as a basketball player, but as an individual.

Sedona Prince may well end up at ND, but I for one am not prepared to concede that possibility when the Huskies continue to successfully recruit top players like Paige, Nika, Aubrey, Ania, Christyn, Liv, Megan, Evina, Evelyn & Crystal.

and people have to realize that while SP had already visited ND before, it was not the same team she visited. A lot of people here are just plain old nuts!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One thing that has been used against UCONN effectively of late is lack of playing time. Geno has a habit of playing the bench barely at all. Opposing teams have basically said "go to UCONN, you sit on the bench". Given that we already have ONO, I have no doubt Muffet will hit that hard.

As long as Geno et al. addressed that effectively, I like our chances. UCONN's recruiting has been better than ND's over the past 2-3 years. We have a better core group. ND is trying to rebuild. Solid recruits but not in the same league as UCONN. Plus we have Bueckers and Muhl and they don't.
Not sure MM can make that argument. ND hasn’t exactly been the role model for using a deep bench. In each of the last two seasons, the Irish have barely exceeded 5 players during the NCAA tournament. Why do you think Patterson is now at Indiana?

Reaction Score
and people have to realize that while SP had already visited ND before, it was not the same team she visited. A lot of people here are just plain old nuts!

People are "just plain old nuts" because they have a differing opinion, and think Prince will end up at her previous finalist and ONLY other school she has visited and is now visiting again for a second time?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
People are "just plain old nuts" because they have a differing opinion, and think Prince will end up at her previous finalist and ONLY other school she has visited and is now visiting again for a second time?
So if you’re incorrect which of the following can the BY expect:
  1. Pretend you never predicted Sedona would go to ND?
  2. Eat a very large portion of crow?
  3. Leave the BY never to be heard from again?

Reaction Score

Do you know for a fact that she is visiting ND next week? --- the above post answers this question.
Do you know for a fact that she is not planning other visits if she was visiting ND next week?
Don't you think she should do her diligence thoroughly this time, no matter how good a selling job any head coach dishes out?
Have you ever gone on multiple job interviews before deciding on a job?

I have no idea where she will wind up.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure MM can make that argument. ND hasn’t exactly been the role model for using a deep bench. In each of the last two seasons, the Irish have barely exceeded 5 players during the NCAA tournament. Why do you think Patterson is now at Indiana?
Don't disagree, but if coaches are using it effectively against UCONN then it's out there. Programs have started more effectively to negatively recruit against UCONN. Or in the case of Boston and SC, to tell her SC is the place to be if you want to make it in the WNBA and Team USA.

Obviously we know that UCONN is the better place for those things, but high school girls are not nearly as knowledgeable of the WHoops landscape as most BY'ers are. I hope that the UCONN staff is well aware of how recruiting has changed vis-a-vis negative recruiting against us and address it.

Geno has proven time and again over the years to be able to morph and change his tactics as the times change. So my comments are not a criticism of how we recruit, but rather an observation of the landscape and the hope that the staff is not only aware of it, but addresses it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Hoops Recruits is a source to be trusted....I'd base a post on his information.

The other "high profile target" is intriguing. As brought up here and on the Bench, she knows 2020 PG prospect Deja Kelly well and Deja was very supportive of Prince's decision to enter the transfer portal. (Interestingly, Deja was the person to committed to Texas in middle school and decommitted after four year, while still a junior in high school!).

I'm with UConnCat and Charliebball -- and the Prince household on this one: they should explore (all) the best possible options on this possible transfer. It's a big move.

And it certainly keeps posters on multiple boards very interested.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hoops Recruits is a source to be trusted....I'd base a post on his information.

Did a member of the ND staff strategically leak this information or did it come from a member of Sedona's family as was the case with news of the UConn visit?

Reaction Score
It's just that occasionally I think about grass, pistachio's, and the Starbuck's and Whole Foods signs. In the summer when I make lemonade I started putting a few drops of lime in the mix. I'm a big fan of Smokey Robinson and Vanessa Williams' and their eyes. I love fried plantains. When I built my gaming computer the predominant color is...is...is....OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING!

You can beat this if you really try, my laddie. I started mixing Red Dye #3 into my spinach years ago.

As soon as you can, you need to start overseeding your lawn with zoysia. By the time we play the Elfies it will be yellow.

Forget pistachios, you'll love macadamias more.

It's ok to enjoy a lime in your lemonade, just make it a Rangpur lime; you get more juice to boot.

Forget Starstruks, Panera is much better and you can even enjoy eating their food.

[ ]

Follow my lead with the plantains; the only thing I fry my plantains with is Round-Up.

Close your eyes when you hear Smokey signing and just listen to the music; close your eyes when you think of Vanessa and ... uh, oh, gotta go. Something just popped up here. Just fight the urge my friend, fight the urge.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Something that may not have been discussed in this thread so far.......I can't imagine any recruit that wouldn't want to play on the same court as Paige Bueckers.......whose going to do a better job of getting you the ball where and when you want it?
I agree with you, but you are incorrect to say that this hasn't been mentioned previously in this thread. See my earlier post, to which oldude replied.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Clearly to me the idea of Ms. Prince going to ND to give the Irish another look is a bit more complex than we UConn fans admit. Yes, there is a philosophy that once a recruit or transfer comes to visit you don't let them leave the building. If you want them you make sure they leave the building as signee's. But let's give Ms. Prince some credit. Perhaps she want to be sure. After all, she made one mistake in going to Texas. She doesn't want to make another. She wants to believe with absolute certainty that this is the right decision.

Or perhaps there is another side, or other sides. Any recruit/transfer that has a medical history, especially one as severe as hers, has that history reviewed by the prospective program. Certainly Geno has done his due diligence in that regard. Perhaps in the report or during the brief workout there was something there that precluded Geno giving her an offer. Perhaps there were some assurances that Ms. Prince wanted that Geno was unwilling to give. Perhaps the chemistry between the coaches or her new teammates wasn't there, or wasn't enough for her to commit. Perhaps the expectations that come with all those banners was too much for her. Perhaps the system she would be playing in and her projected role in it wasn't exactly what she wanted. I'm sure there's a lot more "sides" to mention.

Sedona is still very young. She has yet to play a lick of college ball. With her injury in the past and her rehab ongoing there are a lot of uncertainties in her mind. I'm sure she and her family want only what is best for her. As a WCBB fan I too want her to make the best decision that will lead to her best of all possible futures. I'm just fan enough to believe it's at Storrs under the best coach in CBB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you know for a fact that she is visiting ND next week? --- the above post answers this question.
Do you know for a fact that she is not planning other visits if she was visiting ND next week?
Don't you think she should do her diligence thoroughly this time, no matter how good a selling job any head coach dishes out?
Have you ever gone on multiple job interviews before deciding on a job?

I have no idea where she will wind up.

Yes, she is visiting on the 27th and 28th.
No
She has been through this once, she knows what schools have to offer. She most likely has a list of 3 or 4 schools that she wants to look at, not sure if she makes a visit to all of them

Reaction Score
So if you’re incorrect which of the following can the BY expect:
  1. Pretend you never predicted Sedona would go to ND?
  2. Eat a very large portion of crow?
  3. Leave the BY never to be heard from again?

What are you going to do if I am correct? I am just posting my opinion about UConn women's basketball on a UConn women's basketball forum. I have not been here long, but I have never seen so many people cry about a difference in opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom