Security at game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Security at game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The drink thing has been in effect since we were at UConn fifteen years ago. It is not about security, it is about wanting to sell you stuff after you are inside. The 6" handbag thing sounds a lot like shoe removal at the airport. Totally useless, stupid and annoying.

Reaction Score
The seating is tight in Gampel where the heck does one put those big handbags?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Good to know, although it would have been nice to have been told that beforehand.

Frankly, I'm tired of the hassle of going to games. I will watch the games on TV and support the Huskies in other ways (buy lots of fan gear, etc.), but I've had enough of the going to the arena experience.
You are right. I think some of that nonsense is to encourage people to buy more things at the concession stands.

Reaction Score
I had a hassle with them at the end of last season with my Vera Bradley bag that yes, is larger than 12", that I had brought all season. So I have now gone to an appx 10- x 12 flattish bag that I bought at a Yankee game that is supposedly stadium approved. So you are telling me now I can't get in with that??? Who even has a 6" purse? I guess I have a dressy clutch from formal events years ago.

Reaction Score
Theyre patting everyone down and refusing to admit people with purses over 6". There are a couple thousand angry people in the lobby - very ugly here.
It has been a while since I went to a game at Gampel or XL and the restrictions on bags and drinks were in effect then.
HOWEVER, it would be only right if a large sign was at the entrance saying what they were going to do inside. Decency!! I do believe in better safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom