Security at game | The Boneyard

Security at game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Theyre patting everyone down and refusing to admit people with purses over 6". There are a couple thousand angry people in the lobby - very ugly here.

Reaction Score
When I got here (around 12:45), it didn't even appear that they were letting anyone in. Took me 30 minutes to get in. It was weird.

Reaction Score
Should have sent out an e-mail.
Agree. I brought a $4 bottled drink with me (in my bag) and security made me throw it out on the spot. I wish there was at least a sign there to warn us.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We got in about 12:15. No problem. Yes we were patted down. I did see two couples asked to leave but don't know why.

The bag size and the drinks ban has been in effect for some time so people should know.

Reaction Score
They haven't let people in with drinks for years now.
Good to know, although it would have been nice to have been told that beforehand.

Frankly, I'm tired of the hassle of going to games. I will watch the games on TV and support the Huskies in other ways (buy lots of fan gear, etc.), but I've had enough of the going to the arena experience.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I intensely dislike begin patted down by a guy, even tho he tried to be careful. They should have more women doing the checks. I mean ,look at the average attendance...definitely more females than males.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We got in about 12:15. No problem. Yes we were patted down. I did see two couples asked to leave but don't know why.

The bag size and the drinks ban has been in effect for some time so people should know.
Bags up to 12" were allowed previously. I typically bring a daypack but brought a smaller bag today, totally coincidental but lucky for me. As I was walking in, a woman complained to me that the bag she's been bringing for years wasnt allowed today.

Reaction Score
The bag issue happened to us the last game, I had to walk her bag back to the car. No announcement
prior but was told an email was sent out. This whole situation with the handbags is crazy. They looked
in the bag anyway. If your not a season ticket holder, you didn't get an email.

I do not have any issue with the security pat down, this is the world we live in. I am glad that they
are doing it. I want to feel safe when I go into the arena. If I have to wait a few extra minutes, so be it.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, we now live in tumultuous times. Life will never be the same as we once knew it. Increased security I believe will be the norm rather than the exception. Sadly, at the end of the day...as inconvenient as it is...it is a small trade-off for the if it results in saving lives.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I love the atmosphere of a live game and go as often as I can
We commute up and down 91 and always try to include a game in our travels.
Don't mind the relative primitiveness of the auspices.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I think being forced to miss part of the game is outrageous and unnecessary. I have no quarrel with increased security--none. But there was no notice in the Courant to get there early. And here's an even simpler, though perhaps novel suggestion--if you're going to spring a new security procedure guaranteed to mean that about a quarter of the crowd will miss part of the game--hire more people. All they had to do was to double the number of people doing the pat-downs and there would have been no problem.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Pat me down, scan me, make me wait in line if that's what it takes to be safe.
Sure it's annoying, but it's the new normal.
What is even more annoying is watching one of the knuckleheads in front of me giving the security person a hard time. Come on, don't be a weenie. The security person is doing his job.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I think being forced to miss part of the game is outrageous and unnecessary. I have no quarrel with increased security--none. But there was no notice in the Courant to get there early. And here's an even simpler, though perhaps novel suggestion--if you're going to spring a new security procedure guaranteed to mean that about a quarter of the crowd will miss part of the game--hire more people. All they had to do was to double the number of people doing the pat-downs and there would have been no problem.

I agree that it was poorly managed. You shouldn't have to get to a game 30 minutes early, IMHO.

Reaction Score
These so-called security checks are solely for appearance. Anyone with half a brain could take a weapon or three in without being caught.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Let's face it - the 'pat down' is superficial, at best, done primarily for who knows what. It certainly isn't security - you could get a howitzer through that level of security. It is a pia though as it took us almost 1/2 hour of waiting to get in :(

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
They haven't let people in with drinks for years now.
especially a 4.00 bottle of water, they shouldve been thrown out with that bottle j/k :p

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Let's face it - the 'pat down' is superficial, at best, done primarily for who knows what. It certainly isn't security - you could get a howitzer through that level of security. It is a pia though as it took us almost 1/2 hour of waiting to get in :(
that "soft" pat down will definitely scare the crooks into thinking twice and actually rattle their plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom