Seattle Times article on Kelsey Plum and Mike Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That's awesome. I didn't know she was there.
What Uconn coaches and former team mates said about Morgan was spot on, she's loyal , loyal, loyal , dedicated, hardworking and friend to fans---she didn't know me from Adam, but at Towson she welcomed this husky fan like a long lost relative. Every thing about Morgan is special.
FYI the University of Virginia Tech fired its Women's basketball coach recently.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ms Plum provide us with an exceptional performance and a beautifully girly post game interview which was fun to watch, unless you were and MD fan. Their Big took Jones right out of the game.

To me that was the story of the game, more so than the scoring duo of Plum and Walton. I was in disbelief at how Chantel Osahor just completely outplayed Brionna Jones.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
To me that was the story of the game, more so than the scoring duo of Plum and Walton. I was in disbelief at how Chantel Osahor just completely outplayed Brionna Jones.
Outplayed by a woman that doesn't jump.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Outplayed by a woman that doesn't jump.

Jumping isn't everything. What's the highest you've ever seen Brionna get off the ground?

And on that note, it will be interesting to see the contrasting matchup down low with Kentucky's Evelyn Akhator, who jumps extremely well.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Also, a couple other tidbits about Mike Neighbors' staff:

UConn alum Morgan Valley is a UW assistant coach: http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticl...B_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=210265587&Q_SEASON=2015

Jackie Nared, the sister of Tennessee's Jamie Nared, is UW's director of player development: http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticl...B_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=210265587&Q_SEASON=2015
And one of the other assistants - she was there under the prior coach, as well, is Adia Barnes, who was a star at Arizona long before we moved here. She has been mentioned for the AZ position, as has Lute Olsen's daughter, a long time assistant with the Phoenix Mercury, however, we suspect the head coach of Pima Community College here in Tucson, who has had great success at that level, is the lead candidate.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Jumping isn't everything. What's the highest you've ever seen Brionna get off the ground?

And on that note, it will be interesting to see the contrasting matchup down low with Kentucky's Evelyn Akhator, who jumps extremely well.
No, jumping isn't everything. She also barely runs the floor and isn't particularly quick around the rim, or cover the perimeter well. She does put herself in good position in the paint, makes herself difficult to get around, shoots the 3 well and is the best passer on Washington and one of the best in WCBB. The kind of forward UConn would run into the ground by the 2nd period.

Reaction Score
total agreement here. Chantel Osahor was a beast on the defensive glass, making the low post area exceedingly uncomfortable for Jones and their other big, Howard. Brionna Jones must have thought UDub had twice the players on her under the basket. Osahor also was key to their transition passing game - that almost half-court bounce pass to Plum off the defensive board in the 2nd half, springing her for a transition layup, was a thing of beauty. Props to Plum for her weakside defensive rebounding, too. She anticipates trajectory and positions herself well. Great all-around game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom