Seattle Storm @ Phoenix Mercury - 9/02/18 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Seattle Storm @ Phoenix Mercury - 9/02/18

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stewie just dribbled out the clock without even getting a shot off. I know she's a great young player, but she had a terrible 2nd half. Phoenix defense keyed on her and she did not respond well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not exactly perfect situational awareness from Stewie there. At least go up and try to get fouled...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Geez. That was one ugly 4th quarter for Seattle. The last play was merely pro forma...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well they said Sue's nose is broken so she's probably going to be wearing a mask if she's able to play at all.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She'll play. Bet you a nickel.

As long as she's medically cleared, of course she'll be on the court. Players can usually return fairly quickly after a broken nose. Sometimes it seems to effect their play and sometimes it doesn't.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's been a pretty crappy 24 hours of sporting events for Seattle. Huskies squandered one scoring opportunity after another and came up short in the big game against Auburn yesterday and now this 2nd half meltdown for the Storm. At least they get another shot at home. D's got that whole "never loses a loser out game" thing going. Can the Storm break her streak?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
At the end there I was totally focused on Stewie and Griner. Could Stewie have tried to use the basket on a reverse layup or was another defender in there?

Reaction Score
Loyd takes horrible shots at the worst times. Mercs are in overdrive right now.
I thought her plan was not looking to win at all. Juts horrible ...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geez. That was one ugly 4th quarter for Seattle. The last play was merely pro forma...

For sure. Stewie seemed to take herself out of the game mentally after breaking Sue's nose. She needs to be tougher. She needed to grab that defensive board on the next to last possession. Howard threw the ball away. Jewell tried a bevy of hero shots which is what she does when the pressure mounts. I can't explain what Canada was doing out there.

Ugh.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
At the end there I was totally focused on Stewie and Griner. Could Stewie have tried to use the basket on a reverse layup or was another defender in there?

I think everybody else was behind the 3 point line so it was 1 on 1 IIRC.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought her plan was not looking to win at all. Juts horrible ...

You can't put this loss on Loyd. The MVP was 2-10 from the floor in the 2nd half, and when she wasn't missing shots she was completely invisible. Somebody had to make something happen for Seattle. Clark and Howard missed a few bunnies. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She needed to grab that defensive board on the next to last possession.

Totally. At first I thought Little got away with a push off but on the replay it looked like Stewie just jumped right out of the play.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Totally. At first I thought Little got away with a push off but on the replay it looked like Stewie just jumped right out of the play.

Yeah, I thought the same thing at first. It's like the angle of the rebound fooled her and she just misjudged her jump.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For sure. Stewie seemed to take herself out of the game mentally after breaking Sue's nose. She needs to be tougher. She needed to grab that defensive board on the next to last possession. Howard threw the ball away. Jewell tried a bevy of hero shots which is what she does when the pressure mounts. I can't explain what Canada was doing out there.

Ugh.
Jewell and Jordin each had 4 TOs. As they were losing momentum and the lead, some of their offensive possessions were inexplicably bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom