Season Tix Renewal? | The Boneyard

Season Tix Renewal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I checked emails from last year and saw that I renewed my season tickets on this date last year. In 2014, it was a week later, the first week in August.

Anyone heard anything yet? I haven't gotten anything via email for WBB.

Reaction Score
The UCONN ticket office is lost in space! You call and no one knows what is happening and if you happen to talk to 2 different people you get 2 different answers! My buddy and I have tix in his name so he just called about when they come out, and a girl told him UCONN will be changing your seats every 3 years! Even if you like your location! He said when is this going to start? She says it already has, it been in effect for the last several years! He told her we've had the same seats for at least the last 5 years! She said "Oh!"
The other stupid thing is UCONN gives points for donating then they TAKE POINTS AWAY! Why? Every-time you donate they should just add the points! $500.00 donation = 500 points, $1,000 donation = 1,000 points + 500 = 1,500 points! Couldn't get any simpler but not UCONN! The staff is as confused as the ticket buyers!
He was told first week in August to pay for tickets! It should be something like, 16 games (XL & Gampel) x $20.00 = $320.00 with a game in Bridgeport and one at Mohegan Sun separate!

Reaction Score
The UCONN ticket office is lost in space! You call and no one knows what is happening and if you happen to talk to 2 different people you get 2 different answers! My buddy and I have tix in his name so he just called about when they come out, and a girl told him UCONN will be changing your seats every 3 years! Even if you like your location! He said when is this going to start? She says it already has, it been in effect for the last several years! He told her we've had the same seats for at least the last 5 years! She said "Oh!"
The other stupid thing is UCONN gives points for donating then they TAKE POINTS AWAY! Why? Every-time you donate they should just add the points! $500.00 donation = 500 points, $1,000 donation = 1,000 points + 500 = 1,500 points! Couldn't get any simpler but not UCONN! The staff is as confused as the ticket buyers!
He was told first week in August to pay for tickets! It should be something like, 16 games (XL & Gampel) x $20.00 = $320.00 with a game in Bridgeport and one at Mohegan Sun separate!
The ticket office lady was referring to UConn football I assume. I'm hoping the first week of August was accurate though.

Reaction Score

Totally true. I got my season tickets about ten years back with three friends. About four years ago, my friend under whose name the tickets were purchased, decided the two of them didn't want them anymore, so she changed the address and name to mine. So I get the tickets and mailings at my house, sure-- but still with her name on it. I called them up and even went to the box office once when I was on campus to change her name to mine. They told me it can't be done. Really? And worse, when I make a donation IN MY NAME with MY credit card/check, the acknowledgement letter gets sent to my address IN HER NAME. :mad:

Rant over; thanks for the update, though.

Reaction Score
Totally true. I got my season tickets about ten years back with three friends. About four years ago, my friend under whose name the tickets were purchased, decided the two of them didn't want them anymore, so she changed the address and name to mine. So I get the tickets and mailings at my house, sure-- but still with her name on it. I called them up and even went to the box office once when I was on campus to change her name to mine. They told me it can't be done. Really? And worse, when I make a donation IN MY NAME with MY credit card/check, the acknowledgement letter gets sent to my address IN HER NAME. :mad:

Rant over; thanks for the update, though.

Sargassoc- - - More RANTS are needed to make the ticket office do it right the first time!
As I said our tickets are in my buddies name and he moved back to Bloomsburg, PA after his divorce (he can only make 3-4 games a season)and he contacted UCONN Tix office to send ME the tix and all important info to me in New London, he sent copies of both our drivers lic. and our addresses and phone #'s, etc. For 3 years they sent the XL and Gampel tix to HIS Bloomsburg address and he had to OVERNIGHT them to me to go to the first game at $15.00 a pop! He'd call to tell them and they said on checking our folder they had his letter to send tickets to me! They didn't know why they were sent to him! After the 3rd year of this he asked them to reimburse him the $15.00 shipping, they almost passed out! The next year it came to me in NL!

Reaction Score
The ticket office lady was referring to UConn football I assume. I'm hoping the first week of August was accurate though.
No she was talking about Women's Basketball tickets. I know I made the call.

Reaction Score
So yesterday, when I saw that the Courant had released some of the schedule, I went on to the UConn WBB ticketing site. Voila! I was able to buy my XL Center season tickets then. :)

And just now (8/4) I received the "official" email, telling me that season tickets are now available.

So, that's the answer to my original question: When? Whenever.
(But I'm glad I kept trying, anyway.)

See y'all there!

Reaction Score
So the way it works for first-timers is that you buy the tickets at an unknown location for unknown games at unknown dates? Odd procedure. Still debating whether to go this route or buy by the game...

Reaction Score
Renewal deadline for season ticket renewals is August 31 per ticket office. But schedule with game locations will not be released until after Labor Day. So you must renew "flying blind".

Reaction Score
Renewal deadline for season ticket renewals is August 31 per ticket office. But schedule with game locations will not be released until after Labor Day. So you must renew "flying blind".

One game would appear certain. The Notre Dame game will be in Storrs. Men's ice hockey has a game at the same date and time at the XL Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom