Season ticket sales | The Boneyard

Season ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Allen High School in Texas opens their new 18,000 seat stadium in a few weeks (http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Fp7zmjL8SkKx-IX3owvweA/allen-eagle-stadium-to-open-aug-24.htm). They've only sold 8,000 season tickets.

Should we be concerned?

No, we should however be thrilled that Houston and SMU are part of the Big East, both have enormous potential now that they have been released from CUSA purgatory, also UCONN now has a better chance of successfully recruiting Texas. (Lagow, Bockeloh)

Reaction Score
Ticket office is now offering parking upgrade with season ticket purchase.

Reaction Score

Maybe it's just me, but I've always enjoyed the general lot (red?). Makes me feel like I'm more connected to the legit fans who don't have some $30,000 RV but instead an old pickup and a few lawn chairs and cheap beers.

I'm sure I'll change my mind give or take 20 years.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but I've always enjoyed the general lot (red?). Makes me feel like I'm more connected to the legit fans who don't have some $30,000 RV but instead an old pickup and a few lawn chairs and cheap beers.

I'm sure I'll change my mind give or take 20 years.
-------------------------
The thing w/ the upgraded parking is that you have options. You can go to Red w/ ur Blue or Grey passes if you want, but u can't go up obviously. Good thing to have in case ur meeting up w/ people in either direction of the color scheme because u can join more tailgate's! Don't forget, the rumor is... that Red Lot is the home of the "pesky beaver"! Not a bad place to be.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Makes me feel like I'm more connected to the legit fans who don't have some $30,000 RV but instead an old pickup and a few lawn chairs and cheap beers.

Seems to me that most of the Blue Lot fans I run into got their points the old fashioned way, by suppoting UConn athletics for a long time. Since before they got good. I think that's pretty legit.

Reaction Score
Seems to me that most of the Blue Lot fans I run into got their points the old fashioned way, by suppoting UConn athletics for a long time. Since before they got good. I think that's pretty legit.

Oh hey, fair, and I don't mean to, you know... imply that they're not real fans. But, you know, the stupid kid tailgating experience is different than the "been there, done that" tailgating experience.

I apologize for the way I represented older fans, it isn't a fair characterization.

Reaction Score

I know I'll be in the minority but this is starting to twist my shorts... Where are the "perk" for the season ticket holders since the $@#%! place opened it's gates??

Reaction Score
I know I'll be in the minority but this is starting to twist my shorts... Where are the "perk" for the season ticket holders since the $@#%! place opened it's gates??

They are fixing an old mistake. It's bound to put some loyal folks off, but filling the Rent is more important. It will make you seat more valuable in the long run.

Reaction Score
==============
bro, if you call them, they will work with you. Just let them know that they are overlooking a diehard supporter of the program and state your case. I have never had a reasonable request shot down. If you r a long term season tix holder, they will take care of you. Make sure you talk to the Ath Dev Office, they r the only ones that can upgrade parking etc...

Reaction Score
They are fixing an old mistake. It's bound to put some loyal folks off, but filling the Rent is more important. It will make you seat more valuable in the long run.

I felt better after I wrote it... Your point and Doggie's point are well taken. I'm all for growing the fan base for the future.

I not looking for anything spectacular - I just think they need to do "something" for the average season ticket holders each year as a token show of appreciation.For example - the Yankees just held a photo session for season ticket holders only @ the stadium. I guess you get to line the warning track and the players come out for a handshake/high five and photos from behind the yellow tape. How about an offseason tour of Shenkman/Burt for season ticket holders only.

The "whales" get perks and now the newbies are getting perks but the "middle classs" seems to get hosed. Off the soapbox (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom