Sean Obi visits | The Boneyard

Sean Obi visits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to ESPN, he's currently on a visit to Vandy and is looking to schedule one for Duke. Anyone know of UConn's status?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Didn't Coach K speak recently about his dislike for transfers that can play right away? I guess it's ok, if he's attempting to get one. Needs to figure out a way to overcome the Mercers & LeHighs of the world.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Didn't Coach K speak recently about his dislike for transfers that can play right away? I guess it's ok, if he's attempting to get one. Needs to figure out a way to overcome the Mercers & LeHighs of the world.

Yes he did. Rather disingenuous.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Sean Obi will have to sit out a year.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Chatter is he's deciding between Duke, Northwestern and Vanderbilt. Not sure how much stock I put in that.

Reaction Score
Chatter is he's deciding between Duke, Northwestern and Vanderbilt. Not sure how much stock I put in that.
I've only seen that here and I don't know how much I can trust reddit when it comes to college basketball news, especially when the OP of that thread doesn't provide a source (although he may be the source because he says he used to be pretty close to Obi). Have you heard that anywhere else (just curious)?

Reaction Score
Rice to Vandy, Duke, and supposedly Northwestern, are his guardians dictating his recruitment?

Reaction Score
As hot as Ollie is- we will be able to get a 4-5 star and a character kid for the following year. Unless it is a RP with 3 years left when he is eligible I do not see KO tying up a ship.

Reaction Score
Geez a rebounding kid big bodied kid who proved himself for one year in a decent league with solid freshman numbers? Add to that the fact he will have a full year to work and practice with UConn, not a HS team, I take this one in a second even if he has to "sit out". Doubt you can be sure of getting that from a HS kid……...

Last edited:

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Geez a rebounding kid big bodied kid who proved himself for one year in a decent league with solid freshman numbers? Add to that the fact he will have a full year to work and practice with UConn, not a HS team, I take this one in a second even if he has to "sit out". Not sure you can be sure of getting that from a HS kid……...
If nothing else, he'll be real good practice for PN AB, Rock and Facey.

Reaction Score
Obi is one of SI.com's top 10 available transfers.

http://college-basketball.si.com/20...i-ryan-anderson-lead-top-available-transfers/

Sean Obi, F
Former team: Rice
It’s no shock that Duke is reportedly among Obi’s suitors. He is a 6-9, 265-pound force that just finished a freshman year in which he averaged 11.4 points and 9.3 rebounds and shot 59.1 percent from the floor. If Obi continues that trajectory, he might not use all three remaining seasons at his next stop, but he’s an impact addition for one or two more years.

Reaction Score
If we get either of them I'll be thrilled. Depending on who comes back, both of them could be that missing piece to another final four run.

Reaction Score
Adam Finkelstein ‏@AdamFinkelstein 14h
Rice transfer Sean Obi will visit Duke tomorrow through Saturday.

Thomas Chandler ‏@tcf_15 33m
@AdamFinkelstein Do you know if he is planning on a visit to UConn at all?

Never say never…………

Although we know UConn is a great school it sounds like they are staying in the upper echelon with the Northwestern's, Dukes and Vandy huh………if basketball means anything maybe he should give Emeka a call and then try Casey Sanders………..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom