Score Predictions UConn vs Stanford 11/11/13 | The Boneyard

Score Predictions UConn vs Stanford 11/11/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
82-61UConn (had Stanford for 59 but I think they'll get to the line a few more times

Orrange is going to be hounded but she's a vet these days

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn 88 Stanford 39 Last season Stanford scored 35 at home against UConn. This season they've lost a lot and UConn is more experienced and battle tested. Geno will call off the Huskies early. No full court press, zone and clear the bench early.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Tony, they do return 4 starters, don't they. I read that somewhere.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tenn 74 SC 61...oopps. Just finished Jatarie White thread and got disoriented. UConn 84 Stanford 67. That is a score that will leave a little drama in the season, though almost all questions may be answered by early January.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Uconn 75 Stanford 47

Stanford will be a good defensive team but will be largely stymied by UConn's defense. UConn's offense will be pretty good but not at maximum efficiency. Shooting percentages: UConn 41%, Stanford 31%.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Too early for hubris, so a win is good enough for me....Tara game planned for this one a whole lot more than for BC....they will be coming for us atfer last year.

Reaction Score
Stan has had some injuries, which has hurt preparation. They'll be better as the season progresses, but right now they're not ready. UConn, on the other hand, seems to do very very well in these early season matchups.

UConn 77-49

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So does UCONN?
But tony said the opposite saying they lost a lot. Geno, also, noted in his presser that Stanford returned a lot.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
If Stanford gave up 71 to BC they should give up 90+ to UConn.
UConn 92 Farm 46.

By the way Stanford didn't give up 70 points to anyone last year, in a win or loss. Not sure how good all the newbies on Stanford are on the defensive side.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
If Stanford gave up 71 to BC they should give up 90+ to UConn.
UConn 92 Farm 46.

By the way Stanford didn't give up 70 points to anyone last year, in a win or loss. Not sure how good all the newbies on Stanford are on the defensive side.

No point prediction, but will anticipate that the new women's ncaa rules will hurt Stanford more than us, especially limiting the G & H defense (either Grab and Hold or Grab and Hug) they employed to such effect against cutters through the lane, especially against Maya in days of yore.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN 74
Stanford 59

This is a tough one for me to figure out so early. I think Orrange and Ogwumike are the "class" of that team, and Stanford did lose Kokenis, who I think was a terrific calming influence and leader. I think UCONN has way too much fire power. I don't think this is a game where UCONN will "work on" anything (like they did with Hartford and half court sets in calling off the dogs). Stanford is the #3 team in the nation , and while I think that's a bit too high, i have a hard time thinking this will be a huge blowout.

Also, with the emphasis on fouls called on defense, I am not sure how this will affect both teams. I think it will allow UCONN to score much more easily, but the same should go for Stanford. I'm mostly excited and a little nervous for the game. Really curious to see how Moriah, Kiah, Brianna, Saniya and Morgan do tonight. I have a feeling I know what to expect from Bria, Stef, KML, and Breanna...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCONN 88
Stanford 48

I am hoping for a better game than my score guess.......Geno is too smart to allow Orrange and Chiney to go off.......The other Card players will not be a problem..........Baseline to Baseline press and force them to take poor shots or no shots.....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tara has had a year to prepare and she's great at game time preparation when she has time. UConn wins but Stanford keeps it closer 75-62 UConn Wins

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
UCONN 84

STANFORD 65

I think the more interesting question....who guards Chiney?

Reaction Score
Tara has had a year to prepare and she's great at game time preparation when she has time. UConn wins but Stanford keeps it closer 75-62 UConn Wins

Tara had a year to prepare last year, also. How did that work out?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I was going to say 77-47, but about half a dozen of you have more or less pre=empted that. I think that our guards will drive them nuts, and if they ever do get the ball into the front court Stef and Kia and Stewie will have Chiney eating a lot of basketball. I was going to say something about dogs and trees, but I guess I will let that slide, as I really have nothing but respect for Tara and her program. They are a class act, imo.

Reaction Score
But tony said the opposite saying they lost a lot. Geno, also, noted in his presser that Stanford returned a lot.
I was just acknowledging that UCONN was also returning four starters. The Stanford website states they are returning four starters. I don't think Kokenis is there any more and they also state there is a red shirt senior. I guess we will learn more during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom