Scholarship #12: Nnamdi Amilo (former walk-on) | The Boneyard

Scholarship #12: Nnamdi Amilo (former walk-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Amilo, by walk-on standards, has actually performed pretty well when he's been in games.

Reaction Score
So out of our 13 scholarships for 2014-15 we only have 10 legit scholarship players. I can't say enough how important next years recruiting class is. Adams is a great start but we need 3-4 more 4 star recruits to go with him.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ollie would essentially let him tackle people in practice towards the end of the year - was a good strategy as our rebounding improved from Feb - April.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The way I look at it, we're better off rewarding the walk ons with scholarships than frantically searching at the last minute for a guy who's just going to ride the pines for a year or two and then transfer.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Congrats. Yet I'm surprised we weren't a good option for the next Kromah after two yrs of successful transfers to us.

Reaction Score
Congrats. Yet I'm surprised we weren't a good option for the next Kromah after two yrs of successful transfers to us.

Unfortunately, it seems that fifth-year transfer big men are much harder to come by than wings like Evans and Kromah. Only a handful of guys have moved, and it sounds like the academics weren't there for most of them. I'm still bummed that Rhett picked Mississippi right before Daniels declared. I really feel like we might have had a great shot at him if he'd known Daniels would be gone. Darius Campbell would have been a great like-for-like replacement for DD because of his shooting, but the rumors are that he wasn't getting into grad school here (though he ended up at Wake, which doesn't seem like a fit).

Reaction Score
When the APR gets calculated, does the ncaa only count scholarship players or do they add in the walk-ons as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom