Scheduled OOC games for 2014-2015 season? | The Boneyard

Scheduled OOC games for 2014-2015 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know who we have on the schedule so far or where to find a list?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
@Florida
@Stanford

Those are the only ones I know of. I think...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Florida may or may not be - we owe them a visit, but it's up to them to schedule it for 2014, IIRC.

There's the Puerto Rico Tip Off, which unfortunately, doesn't appear all that RPI-heavy (BC, WVU, Dayton, UNM, Geo Mason, College of Charleston, Texas A&M).

That's all I'm aware of that's been published to date.

Reaction Score
I've never seen this stuff listed anywhere before in the past. A lot of times we don't even see the schedule until the late summer. Other than home-and-aways and holiday tourneys, it's always a surprise.

I'm guessing @Stanford and @Florida are definites.

Tournaments:

Puerto Rico Tipoff

Boston College Eagles (ACC)
Charleston Cougars (CAA)
Connecticut Huskies (American)
Dayton Flyers (A-10)
George Mason Patriots (A-10)
New Mexico Lobos (MW)
Texas A&M Aggies (SEC)
West Virginia Mountaineers (Big 12)

Reaction Score
Doesn't the Texas series resume next year?

Reaction Score
any truth in trying to schedule a home and home w/UCLA or was that a joke b/c of D Ham? I read that somewhere, seemed to be something legitimately being looked at. I can't remember ever scheduling UCLA. Maybe we look to resume the UNC, Kansas, or Arizona series again. Pretty clear that we can't afford a weak OOC schedule anymore while we remain in purgatory. We have a weak enough in conference in schedule - if we need more tuneups early on play more exhibition games. That PR tourney isn't a guarantee, but not too many resume building games. Plus we need to figure out how to get a game or two at Barclays/MSG again..

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
I've never seen this stuff listed anywhere before in the past. A lot of times we don't even see the schedule until the late summer. Other than home-and-aways and holiday tourneys, it's always a surprise.

I'm guessing @Stanford and @Florida are definites.

Tournaments:
Puerto Rico Tipoff
Boston College Eagles (ACC)
Charleston Cougars (CAA)
Connecticut Huskies (American)
Dayton Flyers (A-10)
George Mason Patriots (A-10)
New Mexico Lobos (MW)
Texas A&M Aggies (SEC)
West Virginia Mountaineers (Big 12)
I think WVU will be good next year. They will have Staten back, and Devin Williams who is improving by the day,

Reaction Score
Yup, 6 games are penciled in: @Florida, @Stanford, Texas, and 3 in Puerto Rico.

RPI wise, our draw in Puerto Rico could be anywhere from downright awful to not half-bad. Dayton, West Virginia, and New Mexico looks like the best case scenario, but if they try and "seed" the field you wouldn't think we'd get matched up with one of those teams in round 1.

Botton line is the remaining 6-7 games need to be a combination of high level teams and "cupcakes" in the 100-150 range instead of the 250+ range.

Reaction Score
OOC scheduling is going to be key for us these next few years. I didn't know about Texas so that's a pleasant surprise. I remember hearing that a Kansas and Wichita State series were being discussed, but nothing was confirmed yet.

Reaction Score
Think we'll get a good opponent for the opening season game, as we have had the past two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom