Schedule next year | The Boneyard

Schedule next year

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I know it's early, but looking in the future I hope our team is intact because it possibly could be an extremely challenging schedule. Just looking at the possibilities, this is what I see.

South Carolina-On the road
North Carolina-Supposedly neutral, but in the state of North Carolina
Tennessee- Brooklyn

If the home and home is renewed:
Maryland-On the road
Notre Dame-On the road
Louisville-On the road
NCST-Home
Texas-Home

That is 2 out of 8 games at home.
If these are renewed, I hope they can start a few of them at Home.
Of course, we don't know if some of them will be renewed.
Also, its possible that a few new teams will be added that we could play at home. I heard that Arizona may be in the mix, but nobody else as far as I know.
Has anyone heard if any other teams have been mentioned as an opponent for next year?

Reaction Score
Barnes will be lucky to have a team next year...I've never (well..Syracuse) seen so many players just up and leave during the season. Heck SHE may not have a job.

Reaction Score
I thought we would be home for SC as we played them down there this year? It could be a tough nov-DEc too against some of these teams. We will most likely not have Griff, AZ and Carolyn back yet.
If Caroline is ever going to be able to play again, she likely should be available for games next November. As for Azzi, if there are no unusual complications, she likely should be available by then. By the opening game, it will be almost a year since her surgery. The majority of players with ACL tears return within that time span, although certainly not all of them. As for Audrey, it will be 10 months post-surgery at the start of the season. Lots of players return within that time span, but her chance of a November return is lower than the others.

Reaction Score
I know it's early, but looking in the future I hope our team is intact because it possibly could be an extremely challenging schedule. Just looking at the possibilities, this is what I see.

Tennessee- Brooklyn

Maryland-On the road
Notre Dame-On the road
Louisville-On the road
NCST-Home
Texas-Home

Also, its possible that a few new teams will be added that we could play at home. I heard that Arizona may be in the mix, but nobody else as far as I know.
Has anyone heard if any other teams have been mentioned as an opponent for next year?
I believe South Carolina would be played in Connecticut, in 2025.

Reaction Score

Tennessee- Brooklyn

Maryland-On the road
Notre Dame-On the road
Louisville-On the road
NCST-Home
Texas-Home

This is very poor scheduling !! The person that set this schedule should be fired !!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
So my question is this: Are we reading an official schedule or speculation?

Since there is nothing official from the athletic department, I must assume speculation.

Reaction Score
The 2024-25 UConn vs South Carolina game will be in South Carolina per an article in the Greenville News updated 3/6/24. This is to make up for the game that was cancelled during the 2021-2022 season that was supposed to be played in SC.

Reaction Score
Nope. This is the “ make up” year. We did not host the game in Columbia in 2021, 2022 or 2023. The regular season game in 2023 was cancelled due to a Covid postponement of an SEC game ( we did play two neutral site games that season). So. As agreed in 22/22 this will get us back even in the home and home series.

May the series last forever!

Reaction Score
Nope. This is the “ make up” year. We did not host the game in Columbia in 2021, 2022 or 2023. The regular season game in 2023 was cancelled due to a Covid postponement of an SEC game ( we did play two neutral site games that season). So. As agreed in 22/22 this will get us back even in the home and home series.

Ok, I see.

Reaction Score

Thanks for clarifying.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
NO, it will not. UConn made a deal to play in SC next year to make up for the game that was canceled last year. It stinks since they called it off, but it will be on the road.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
NO, it will not. UConn made a deal to play in SC next year to make up for the game that was canceled last year. It stinks since they called it off, but it will be on the road.
Correction, the game in 2025/2026 will be home, but the game next year will be in SC.

Reaction Score
I thought we would be home for SC as we played them down there this year? It could be a tough nov-DEc too against some of these teams. We will most likely not have Griff, AZ and Carolyn back yet.
Some of them could be back earlier, but I might include Ayanna in that list too. She waited pretty far into the season to get surgery and we don't really know much details about it either.

Unfortunately our schedule every year is very front-loaded, and next year our team health could be back-loaded. We might be fine by tournament time but be undermanned again early.

Reaction Score
We asked Geno if that game could be called off. He agreed. If I remember correctly, the injury bug for UConn had just reared its VERY ugly head and the cancellation was not disagreeable to y’all at the time. The cancelled game would have been played without Azzi or Paige who was injured against Notre Dame a couple of weeks earlier

Reaction Score
I'd like to see UConn play more games on the West Coast against a few of the following teams...............UCLA, USC, Stanford, Cal, Arizona...........same applies to the South East..............how about Vanderbilt, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Duke, Florida, Florida State.......great for the recruiting exposure........

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

This suggests to me that the December 7 game at Mohegan Sun will NOT be against Tennessee, and that UConn will play the Lady Vols some other time in a regularly scheduled game.

Reaction Score

Tennessee- Brooklyn

Maryland-On the road
Notre Dame-On the road
Louisville-On the road
NCST-Home
Texas-Home

They will have to add home games. The season ticket packages require a certain number.

Reaction Score
With all of the players out with injury back along with the incoming freshman, this will be a very good team. And I look forward to being the cock of the walk. And believe that all will go through UConn next year in the big east and the non conference games too. As with March. As my opinion goes.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
With all of the players out with injury back along with the incoming freshman, this will be a very good team. And I look forward to being the cock of the walk. And believe that all will go through UConn next year in the big east and the non conference games too. As with March. As my opinion goes.
I'm not sure "cock of the walk" is an appropriate metaphor for Huskies, maybe for SC, Top Dogs would be more on target!.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom