Scariest starting line up..... | The Boneyard

Scariest starting line up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was thinking of all the talent we have had at UCONN and started to think who is the best husky ever? While some think Stewie there are those of us that still think that belongs to Maya. I also think Diana was something special..... So then I thought..... Starting line up.... With UCONN players who were #1 out of high school.... Think of this line up.....
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Kaleena Mosedqua-Lewis
Breanna Stewart
Tina Charles.

How scary would that starting five be?????

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
and, have that line-up go against..

Sue Bird
Jen Rizzotti
Nykesha Sales
Rebecca Lobo
Kara Wolters

and, where do you put Kerry Bascomb, Swin Cash, Asja Jones and Rene Montgomery?

Reaction Score
Fun to consider all the great ones...especially guys who were strong at both ends of the floor

Rene Montgomery
Sue Bird
Rebecca Lobo
Swin Cash
Stephanie Dolson

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
01Neaggrad02 said:
I was thinking of all the talent we have had at UCONN and started to think who is the best husky ever? While some think Stewie there are those of us that still think that belongs to Maya. I also think Diana was something special..... So then I thought..... Starting line up.... With UCONN players who were #1 out of high school.... Think of this line up..... Diana Taurasi Maya Moore Kaleena Mosedqua-Lewis Breanna Stewart Tina Charles. How scary would that starting five be?????

That's a lineup of legendary proportions for sure -

Personally, I would have Bird in for KML if assembling an all-time starting 5, but KML would certainly see minutes :)

Reaction Score
I said I was making a starting line up out of #1 recruits..... That means Tamika Williams and Ann Strother..... And technically Brittany Hunter..... Could be on the list......

Personally having someone who could end her college career as the NCAA leading three point shooter in the starting line up would just be amazing. I know Sue is amazing.... But I stand by my five ;). As for the other line up.... They could be the second string to the starting line up. :)

Reaction Score
I said I was making a starting line up out of #1 recruits..... That means Tamika Williams and Ann Strother..... And technically Brittany Hunter..... Could be on the list.

Personally having someone who could end her college career as the NCAA leading three point shooter in the starting line up would just be amazing. I know Sue is amazing.... But I stand by my five ;). As for the other line up.... They could be the second string to the starting line up. :)
I get that you were initially using players who were #1 out of high school, but you said you stand by it over the other lineup?

Having Bird over KML isn't just better because Bird is better (although she is), but because that line-up is much more balanced in the back-court and has much more synergy of talent.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I said I was making a starting line up out of #1 recruits..... That means Tamika Williams and Ann Strother..... And technically Brittany Hunter..... Could be on the list.

Oh gotcha. In that case:

Jefferson
Taurasi
Moore
Stewart
Charles

Not sure if Moriah was #1 on any lists, but she might have been on one of them. Also don't forget Diana was #2 according to Blue Star I think. Ashley Robinson was #1 IIRC... My point was I think you need a tiny bit of leeway - maybe a kid who was either #1 or #2'ish...

Reaction Score
I'd like to see a team with.....

Taurasi PG

Ralph SG

Moore W

Lobo F

Stewart F

Uncheckable at every position from beyond the arc to the rack, all fine passers except for Taurasi who is in a passing world of her own, tremendous shot blocking and rebounding, clutchness in spades and a backcourt with more "sack" than a room full of Pittsburgh Steelers.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The U.S.A. National Team starting unit was Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore, Tina Charles, and Britney Griner. That was very close to an all-Conn line-up. And it was REALLY, REALLY good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom