Scared of NC? W.T.Hell? | The Boneyard

Scared of NC? W.T.Hell?

Are you nervous about the NC state game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been reading the blogs and message boards it seems as though most fans are afraid of NC State. My question is why? NC State is a run of the mill program with a couple good players. Their QB throws 4 ints vs. Tenn? LoL. Our linebackers are going to make that boy run scared and he's going to be throwing on the run. Blidi is going to have a career day. I just don’t get why everyone seems so afraid of this NC team. Explain me please.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hear they are a one man Wolf Pack.

He did actually ad-lib those lines because he went to NCSU.

As for being scared the prediction thread runs about 25-2 in favor of UConn.

Reaction Score
He did actually ad-lib those lines because he went to NCSU.

As for being scared the prediction thread runs about 25-2 in favor of UConn.
Sure, runs 25-2 on the predictions. But look a little deeper. Almost ALL of them are people just being fans and predicting with their hearts.

Reaction Score
Where are you seeing fans scared of NC St?
The prediction thread, Courant.com, espn.com, middletown press. On the prediction thread i see predictions of 1-5 point victories...and the wording suggests its because they are Blue fans hoping for the best. I just dont get it, NC state who? its like a western michigan. sure we lost that game last year but we had a qb that isnt really a D1A qb. just my thoughts. hoping for someone to elaborate on what the hell is the hype about this NC team

Reaction Score
My only hint of "reluctance" was when I said the Glennon scares the "bejesus" out of me. I'm confidant that UConn can win this game. NC State's o-line is as porous as a sieve, which can negate Glennon's ability. He's probably the best qb that UConn will face this season.

Reaction Score
My only hint of "reluctance" was when I said the Glennon scares the "bejesus" out of me. I'm confidant that UConn can win this game. NC State's o-line is as porous as a sieve, which can negate Glennon's ability. He's probably the best qb that UConn will face this season.

Agreed. That and the NC State secondary is excellent and UConn's passing offense is . . . well, we'll see.

Reaction Score
Agreed. That and the NC State secondary is excellent and UConn's passing offense is . . . well, we'll see.
NC State's secondary has one guy who is a supposed All American who got burned for 2 touchdowns vs. Tenn and another CB who is on the bench because he cant pass his classes.

Reaction Score
The prediction thread, Courant.com, espn.com, middletown press. On the prediction thread i see predictions of 1-5 point victories...and the wording suggests its because they are Blue fans hoping for the best. I just dont get it, NC state who? its like a western michigan. sure we lost that game last year but we had a qb that isnt really a D1A qb. just my thoughts. hoping for someone to elaborate on what the hell is the hype about this NC team

Yeah wow. The audacity of some fans predicting a close win as 6 point home dogs.

Reaction Score
NC State's secondary has one guy who is a supposed All American who got burned for 2 touchdowns vs. Tenn and another CB who is on the bench because he cant pass his classes.

Hence the we'll see part. UConn's passing game is suspect until proven otherwise. It showed some encouraging signs against newbie UMass, but now it's a different opponent. NC State even with an academic casualty recruits a different level player than UMass.

Reaction Score
Yeah wow. The audacity of some fans predicting a close win as 6 point home dogs.
Explain to me what the hype of this NC State team is? ooOoOoOO. ACC OOOOOOOoooo. I just dont get it. 6 points or less, fine. But what im getting at is why? i dunno, NC is really really really good. we might win. This is what i'm seeing. Not looking for arguments, looking for answers as to why.

Reaction Score
Hence the we'll see part. UConn's passing game is suspect until proven otherwise. It showed some encouraging signs against newbie UMass, but now it's a different opponent. NC State even with an academic casualty recruits a different level player than UMass.
Roger that. Thank you for the educated response. this is what im looking for. a "reason."

Reaction Score
Thats why they play the games codyj. Motivation is key, they happen to be a good team that had a bad game, it does not make them a bad team. They will be looking to right last weeks wrongs. Our D will be fine and can certainly keep us in games, but until our offense gets it together consistantly we will be vulnerable. Yeah they had four int's but we had two and a fumble in the redzone, against a much worse opponent. And our run game was limited to say the least. Am i scared, no. Do i think we can win, absolutley! I just happen to think that this one may get away from them based on what i have seen in week 1. The offense has to put it together!

Reaction Score
Thats why they play the games codyj. Motivation is key, they happen to be a good team that had a bad game, it does not make them a bad team. They will be looking to right last weeks wrongs. Our D will be fine and can certainly keep us in games, but until our offense gets it together consistantly we will be vulnerable. Yeah they had four int's but we had two and a fumble in the redzone, against a much worse opponent. And our run game was limited to say the least. Am i scared, no. Do i think we can win, absolutley! I just happen to think that this one may get away from them based on what i have seen in week 1. The offense has to put it together!
NC state, a good team that had a bad day. I personally dont see what makes them a good team. They are predicted to be middle of the pack in the ACC and proved that last week at best. We (UConn) had a glorified scrimmage while trying things out and ended up putting a zero on the board. lol. Im lookng for an answer as to why NC State is "good" why? 2 players?? a qb that throws 4 int's and a CB that gets burned twice?

Reaction Score
Explain to me what the hype of this NC State team is? ooOoOoOO. ACC OOOOOOOoooo. I just dont get it. 6 points or less, fine. But what im getting at is why? i dunno, NC is really really really good. we might win. This is what i'm seeing. Not looking for arguments, looking for answers as to why.

I wouldn't call what you're posting or interpreting as being "scared" or hyping up NCSU, I'd call most of it pretty rational and objective pov's. I predicted a UConn win, and I'm pretty confident (think it will be close, but believe we get the W). To answer your question though, the "hype" of NCSU is in comparative terms to UConn or to UMass (the only opponant we've had this year). It will be a huge upgrade in competition from last week. They had a solid end to their season last year, beat Louisville in their bowl game (we were home for bowl season last year, and the beat a team that handled us at the Rent), they returned most of their defense and their QB who had a good run the second half of l.y. UConn struggled to a 5-7 finish last year, has a yet to show proven QB (although I am optimistic), and UConn is missing two key players on D. I'm still confident we get the win, but you're not grounded in reality if you can't see how some people can post objective opinions on this game or draw up a scenario where we don't get the win.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call what you're posting or interpreting as being "scared" or hyping up NCSU, I'd call most of it pretty reaional and objective pov's. I predicted a UConn win, and I'm pretty confident (think it will be close, but believe we get the W). To answer your question though, the "hype" of NCSU is in comparative terms to UConn or to UMass (the only opponant we've had this year). It will be a huge upgrade in competition from last week. They had a solid end to their season last year, beat Louisville in their bowl game (we were home for bowl season last year, and the beat a team that handled us at the Rent), they returned most of their defense and their QB who had a good run the second half of l.y. UConn struggled to a 5-7 finish last year, has a yet to show proven QB (although I am optimistic), and UConn is missing two key players on D. I'm still confident we get the win, but you're not grounded in reality if you can't see how some people can post objective opinions on this game or draw up a scenario where we don't get the win.
Thank you so much. Exactly what im looking for. And im not saying UMass is anywhere close to Tenn. Ok, yes, a huge upgrade in competition this week. I can see how that might get peoples panties in a bunch. And true, I can see how last year we would drop games easily. I just think we have a different team this year. I saw some great things on both sides of the ball that are going to really give other teams a hard time.

Reaction Score
i agree with Cody a little bit. most of the predictions were very cautious, but i think that's just b/c some sources had NCState ranked around #25 or so preseason. the way i look at it, you kind of know what you're getting with a Tom O Brien team. they'll be a solid average ACC team, probably within a game of .500 in conference. last year they had a terrific turnover margin, and those things tend to even out over the years, so i don't think they can depend on that giving them a couple of wins they had last year. they could obviously beat us, but at home i think we'll beat them by 2 scores or more. i don't think we'll roll them a bad as UVA in '08, but like that game i think when it's over we'll wonder what the big deal was about

pj

Reaction Score
Am I scared of NC State? No. Scared of turnovers? Yes. I think the game hinges on the turnover battle. I don't see an advantage for UConn there. Whitmer threw more INTs than Glennon last year, and rivalled him for INTs last week. They have a senior QB, we have a redshirt soph playing his second 1-A game.

Reaction Score
No one is scared. Apprehensive, maybe. I'm just hoping our offensive line can block better than last week against UMass. This will be a true test for our defense. NC State was a pre-season top 25 in some polls. They're not Savannah State.

Reaction Score
Am I scared of NC State? No. Scared of turnovers? Yes. I think the game hinges on the turnover battle. I don't see an advantage for UConn there. Whitmer threw more INTs than Glennon last year, and rivalled him for INTs last week. They have a senior QB, we have a redshirt soph playing his second 1-A game.
We have linebackers that appear to be running wild like rabid dogs salivating blood from their mouths dripping from their helmets while looking for a QB to squash and naw on

Reaction Score
We have linebackers that appear to be running wild like rabid dogs salivating blood from their mouths dripping from their helmets while looking for a QB to squash and naw on
just sayin'

Reaction Score
against UMass.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Scared is a trigger word, you can't expect a real debate when you use it. The two issues that concern me is their D-line vs. our O-line. Will our QB get time? Whitmer is not a concern. He threw more good balls in one game than we've seen in years. Another concern is their RB's. They looked tough to bring down to me last week. Let's hope our guys wrap 'em up.

Reaction Score
And NC State will be sending in ex members of their marching band and school choir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom