Saw LJ Mazzilli play today | The Boneyard

Saw LJ Mazzilli play today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Took my son to see the Lowell Spinners today and they happened to be playing Brooklyn. I've only seen Mazzilli on television before today. I was very impressed with his approach to the game. The Lowell starter struggled, 3 hits, 3 walks, but only 1 run, in 1.2 innings, including a hit by LJ. The pitcher who took over for the Spinners was great, only 4 hits in 6 innings, one by Mazzilli, a double.

LJ was 3/4 on the day and also reached on catchers interference, played a solid 2b, and was probably the best player on either team today. His range wasn't really tested but he handled everything that came his way with ease.

It's only one day, but if this is any indication, he will be paid to play for a while.

Reaction Score
Took my son to see the Lowell Spinners today and they happened to be playing Brooklyn. I've only seen Mazzilli on television before today. I was very impressed with his approach to the game. The Lowell starter struggled, 3 hits, 3 walks, but only 1 run, in 1.2 innings, including a hit by LJ. The pitcher who took over for the Spinners was great, only 4 hits in 6 innings, one by Mazzilli, a double.

LJ was 3/4 on the day and also reached on catchers interference, played a solid 2b, and was probably the best player on either team today. His range wasn't really tested but he handled everything that came his way with ease.

It's only one day, but if this is any indication, he will be paid to play for a while.

Some of you younger folk can't even imagine how big a mega-star his dad was in mid-70's NYC. The only good player on horrible teams, he was almost Namath-like in the eyes of females and media. He didn't let him affect him. Went about his business as a Pro. Married a triple-cute Dani Falke, NYC TV personality, moved to Greenwich, and sent three kids to UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom