Saturday @ RU | The Boneyard

Saturday @ RU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm going with my old man and some buddies. We haven't gotten our tickets yet though. Where are people buying their seats?

Unfortunately the only thing near the RAC is the Rutgers school of business though.

Reaction Score
I'm going with my old man and some buddies. We haven't gotten our tickets yet though. Where are people buying their seats?

Unfortunately the only thing near the RAC is the Rutgers school of business though.
I'm probably just gonna buy the cheapest seats on StubHub. Not worried about being surrounded by two many Rutgers fans...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@BoatShow Lol. I hear you on that one. I saw the attendance for some early season games weren't breaking 1,000!

Reaction Score
My college roommate was able to score some corporate tickets, not sure where they are, but I will be in the house +3

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I plan to go with my son and a Rutgers Alumni from my town who I coach soccer with and his son. I have not purchased tickets yet as I want make sure there will be no blizzard that night (if I was not with a pair of 7 year olds, I would go in the snow).

Reaction Score
If anyone is looking to grab some drinks/food before the game and are unfamiliar with the area, there are plenty of bars/restaurants in the Easton ave or George street areas. About 5-10(max) minute drive.

There is a Brother Jimmy's near the train station, George St ale house has some great brews on tap (not so great food), and Harvest Moon is a nice brew pub with with a constantly rotating beer list and pretty decent food.

If you want upscale food Clyde's (on Paterson st) has all different types of game on their menu (think rattlesnake chili) and is known for being a martini bar.

My personal favorite is Destination Dogs though (Paterson St and Joyce Kilmer). All different types of hot dogs/sausages (like wild boar sausage with pork belly and pineapple relish-AWESOME. Think Hot Doug's in Chicago if you've ever been) a decent selection of great beers and a game room in the back.

Won't be at the game but figured I'd offer up some suggestions for those going. I grew up in the area and am always perplexed when people say the rutgers campus is akin to a war zone (I agree that the RAC and the Piscataway campus does look this way). The main campus and draw is New Brunswick, where all the previous establishments are. Actually a pretty nice little town.

Reaction Score
+2 will be at the game. Looking forward to seeing the RAC for the first and last time

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
If anyone is looking to grab some drinks/food before the game and are unfamiliar with the area, there are plenty of bars/restaurants in the Easton ave or George street areas. About 5-10(max) minute drive.

There is a Brother Jimmy's near the train station, George St ale house has some great brews on tap (not so great food), and Harvest Moon is a nice brew pub with with a constantly rotating beer list and pretty decent food.

If you want upscale food Clyde's (on Paterson st) has all different types of game on their menu (think rattlesnake chili) and is known for being a martini bar.

My personal favorite is Destination Dogs though (Paterson St and Joyce Kilmer). All different types of hot dogs/sausages (like wild boar sausage with pork belly and pineapple relish-AWESOME. Think Hot Doug's in Chicago if you've ever been) a decent selection of great beers and a game room in the back.

Won't be at the game but figured I'd offer up some suggestions for those going. I grew up in the area and am always perplexed when people say the rutgers campus is akin to a war zone (I agree that the RAC and the Piscataway campus does look this way). The main campus and draw is New Brunswick, where all the previous establishments are. Actually a pretty nice little town.

Good suggestions for anyone that takes a train. I spent a few years in this area after moving from CT. I'll probably get some pre-game food/drinks at the Longhorne Steakhouse in Piscataway (5-10 min from the RAC).

Reaction Score
New to Bone Yard, that being said, will be at the game with 2-4 people from school. Does anybody know what the parking situation is.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
New to Bone Yard, that being said, will be at the game with 2-4 people from school. Does anybody know what the parking situation is.

Welcome. Yes, there is a parking lot as part of the RAC. The amount charged to park last year was $10 I believe.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@scbaseball Parking at the RAC is very easy. It's the stadium and one big lot (unlike the parking garage situation in Hartford).

Reaction Score
I bought 3x tickets for the Rutgers game in the 200 sections for $60 a piece. Something like 200 tickets left. Not sure if a lot of folks are going to this game (UConn fans?) or if Rutgers is hoarding tickets to try to keep red as the dominate color inside as there are a lot of tickets left for the Rutgers games against Cincy and others. Oh, and it’s going to snow, likely just enough to make I-287 a skating rink in the hills north of Rutgers.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I bought 3x tickets for the Rutgers game in the 200 sections for $60 a piece. Something like 200 tickets left. Not sure if a lot of folks are going to this game (UConn fans?) or if Rutgers is hoarding tickets to try to keep red as the dominate color inside as there are a lot of tickets left for the Rutgers games against Cincy and others. Oh, and it’s going to snow, likely just enough to make I-287 a skating rink in the hills north of Rutgers.

It looks like this may be their biggest crowd of the season. They are asking Rutgers fans to wear black instead of red - first 1000 fans get black shirts. I heard there were a large number of UConn fans that travelled to see the women beat Rutgers last week at the RAC. I hope the men also get the fan support, that the women got.

http://www.scarletknights.com/basketball-men/news/release.asp?prID=14180#.UuEzpbROnDA

Reaction Score
Just bought three. Taking the train down from Hartford and meeting my father and pitiful Rutgers alum of a sister. Will probably check out harvest moon before game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just purchased 4 tickets, section 313!
Hopefully some other 'Yarders will be up there!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just win, baby. I was at the game they lost there 2 years ago. That was a depressing night. Half the women at the place we hit after the game were trying to look like Snookie. Even the old ones.

Reaction Score
Visitors in section 312 per an RU ticket rep. If youre gonna go down and can't scalp tickets you can always catch it on TV in Jersey. I hear they have a lot those. :p

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
from the article Marat posted:
"The sellout, a school official said, is Rutgers-fueled, with Connecticut returning tickets from its allotment"

Uhhhh, the sellout is UCONN fueled with Rutgers fans wanting to see UCONN. Judging by earlier attendance figures its clear they don't want to pay to see Rutgers.

Reaction Score
from the article Marat posted:
"The sellout, a school official said, is Rutgers-fueled, with Connecticut returning tickets from its allotment"

Uhhhh, the sellout is UCONN fueled with Rutgers fans wanting to see UCONN. Judging by earlier attendance figures its clear they don't want to pay to see Rutgers.
I searched our ticket site for a way to buy seats from the school but couldn't. Maybe I'm dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom