Saturday, 3/19 vs. Robert Morris (Storrs) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saturday, 3/19 vs. Robert Morris (Storrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Robert Morris was a JUCO powerhouse on the men's side in the 1970's before they became a four year institution. Should have a pretty good basketball history and tradition, at least on the men's side. UCONN has gotten off to slow starts in early games this year so it will be interesting to see how they start in this game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Geno likes early games, but players seem to do better at 1 PM and 2 PM than at noon. I'm expecting sluggishness at 11 AM.

If you go to Watch ESPN, I think you can avoid the whip-around.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would hope they are resting Morgan big time.

Have you noticed that Morgan has not worn her knee brace the past few games? The word is it would no long fit as tight as it was designed to, and had become uncomfortable. Her desire to ditch the brace was done with the OK of the trainer.

I'm wondering if another ulterior motive to stop wearing the brace was to influence WNBA GM's (that the knee is just fine) who have her high on their draft boards. As everyone knows, the condition of her knees lately have been an item of interest and concern to Geno and possibly some WNBA teams that have interest in drafting her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Have you noticed that Morgan has not worn her knee brace the past few games? The word is it would no long fit as tight as it was designed to, and had become uncomfortable. Her desire to ditch the brace was done with the OK of the trainer.

I'm wondering if another ulterior motive to stop wearing the brace was to influence WNBA GM's (that the knee is just fine) who have her high on their draft boards. As everyone knows, the condition of her knees lately have been an item of interest and concern to Geno and possibly some WNBA teams that have interest in drafting her.
I was wondering if it was partly a PR campaign as well. I honestly think she hasn't decided about next year. Everyone is focused on 6 more wins. Maya's class is the record holder with 150 wins. The Big 3 can get to 151, 4 of them in national championship games.

Reaction Score
The Colonials (20-12), who earned an automatic bid by winning the NEC tournament, have the unenviable task of facing unbeaten and top-ranked Connecticut (32-0) on its home floor at 11 a.m. on Saturday in the first round.

“Playing UConn defines the word challenge,” Robert Morris coach Sal Buscaglia said. In the history of all sports, one could really give a good argument that UConn women’s basketball team is the most dominant ever in the history of sports. You’re not talking about one or two titles, you’re talking about 10 national titles.”

“We’re really happy for the opportunity and the challenge,” Buscaglia said. “This is an exciting moment in these young women’s lives no matter what happens in the game. We’re just going to take this one possession at a time, prepare the same way we always do, but obviously this is a major David vs. Goliath scenario. I know our players will give everything they have on that court. It’s about the process and the journey and going to play UConn is something they’ll be able to tell their kids and grandkids that they did.”

LINK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle