Sanogo Gets His First NBA Double Double | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sanogo Gets His First NBA Double Double

Reaction Score
Thing is, that to anyone paying attention this isn’t the least bit surprising. He’s excelled at every level where he’s been given a chance.

The NBA gets too hung up on a players size sometime as opposed to what players have done on the court.
The living proof (I think he's still with us) is Dennis Rodman.

Averaged 13.1 rebounds over a 911 game career at 6'7" tall and I don't think he was any quicker nor had better foot work than Adama Sanogo.

AS is also a much better offensive player. Give him a chance and he could set the stage for a shift in what's viewed as important for success in the NBA.

Reaction Score
He should have been playing all season. He’s literally their best offensive big man on their roster. Yes, he’s undersized but if he can pull down that many offensive rebounds in a game then size isn’t really an issue. He can score over size and has the strength to rebound over taller guys, so as long as he isn’t a complete liability on defense he should be playing.
I guess their coach doesn't listen to his friends in the college coaching ranks.............
But, no problem, some teams will show interest if the Bulls don't ante up and maybe he'll be better off in the long run.

Reaction Score
So it takes an injury for Sanogo to get more than an ounce of playing time after being MOP last year final 4, and being one of the best bigs in the G league as a rookie. No wonder why Donovan can't coach in the NBA.

You turn down Kentucky while the Bulls are on the doorstep of firing you?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
How many of us (myself included) thought Chet Holmgren was too thin and frail to make it in the NBA? Thus far he is proving the doubters wrong. I know it's not an ideal comparison, but hopefully Adama is likewise opening some eyes and proving doubters wrong as well. The biggest thing for him is to be ready when he is called and given the opportunity to shine, and it looks like he is doing just that.

Reaction Score
20/20 in his first real game lol. Coach is that dumb not to give him playing time all year? What an idiot.
Isn’t his coach the guy ramous for winning the last back to back championships in college, Biliy Donovan?

Reaction Score
Looks a lot quicker than we saw him last year

Thanks for posting.

What sets him apart from a similar sized guy besides his footwork, is his great hands, he never flubs a pass, no matter how hot, and if he gets his mits on a rebound you’re not knocking it loose.

That, and how he can bang, and bang, and get banged, and still deliver the ball to the hoop with that soft, soft touch.

Reaction Score
Good for Adama. Deserves all the success he gets. In case you havent seen the shiiteshow of a sequence that caused Drummond to get injured, allowing Adama to see the floor. Javale McGee ish

I heard about this but this was the first time seeing this. What a Keystone Cops moment, SMH

Reaction Score
He should have been playing all season. He’s literally their best offensive big man on their roster. Yes, he’s undersized but if he can pull down that many offensive rebounds in a game then size isn’t really an issue. He can score over size and has the strength to rebound over taller guys, so as long as he isn’t a complete liability on defense he should be playing.
He did not get to play as the bulls decided they
Had a chance at the playoffs and did not trade
Andre Drummond
While sonogo
May become a backup nba center
At this point Drummond is a far better player
And gave the bulls the better chance at the playoffs additionally, as a two-way player, the games he could play and would be limited without changing his contract status which right now is very attractive to the bulls
If Sonogo is good enough he will get a spot
Either with the bulls or someone else

Reaction Score
He did not get to play as the bulls decided they
Had a chance at the playoffs and did not trade
Andre Drummond
While sonogo
May become a backup nba center
At this point Drummond is a far better player
And gave the bulls the better chance at the playoffs additionally, as a two-way player, the games he could play and would be limited without changing his contract status which right now is very attractive to the bulls
If Sonogo is good enough he will get a spot
Either with the bulls or someone else
You have doubt on him?

Reaction Score
I love everything about this thread and thought it would be appropriate to post this photo from exactly one year ago.

Adama is a champion.

IMG_5392.jpeg

caw

Reaction Score
Good for Adama. Deserves all the success he gets. In case you havent seen the shiiteshow of a sequence that caused Drummond to get injured, allowing Adama to see the floor. Javale McGee ish

Nope, that's on Craig, big gets the steal and should get the lob.

Reaction Score
You have doubt on him?
He is good enough to play in the nba but so are lots of guys in the g league or europe
His biggest advantage right now is his low salary
Timing is everything

Reaction Score
It will also depend on how the fans take to him. If he becomes a fan favorite (and how could he not with this performance and his joyous interviews), that will go a long way in him getting playing time. Let's face it, NBA is as much about entertainment as it is about sport, player popularity is important.

Reaction Score
The living proof (I think he's still with us) is Dennis Rodman.

Averaged 13.1 rebounds over a 911 game career at 6'7" tall and I don't think he was any quicker nor had better foot work than Adama Sanogo.

AS is also a much better offensive player. Give him a chance and he could set the stage for a shift in what's viewed as important for success in the NBA.
This is such a bad comparison. Dennis Rodman was super fast high twitch athlete. He could out jump people for rebounds and so fast down the court. Sanogo is slower but stronger and knows how to score inside and better shooter. Dennis was basically a defender, rebounder and hustle guy. Sanogo is more an offensive guy and rebounder. Dennis was one of a kind with his athletic ability and his total devotion to rebounding and playing D.

Reaction Score

The bulls continue to prove theyre a stupid franchise. Sanogo is big, mobile and has great, not good but great footwork. He can play. People roasted me for saying it but i will repeat it here again Sanogo if given the chance will average a double double in the league year in and year out. He can play.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Adama will be playing today at 1pm on ESPN against the Knicks for anyone who wants to see him on national tv.

Reaction Score
No run at all, even as backup C. They rather go small ball. Donovan doing anything he can to not play him.

Reaction Score
Man I thought the Bulls were going to sit their starters again but I guess not.
Not much reason to take this game super seriously. They’re locked into the 9th seed no matter what, and NY is trying to get up to #2 (they get 2 with a win and a Bucks loss, and Giannis is out)

Shame, would have liked to see some Sanogo minutes against a really good team who is playing hard. Just to see how he stacks up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom