Saniya Chong Video Interview | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong Video Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't help but improve your game going up against MoJeff in practice!

Thanks for the vid link.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Two thoughts from watching that video.

1. The best moment for me was the way Jefferson offered guidance to Chong. They may end up competing for the same position, but that's besides the point with UConn basketball.

2. Chong emphasizes her advantage in being the only freshman. I've felt this before, that one-player classes turn out well for that one player. Johnson and Faris did really well right from the start. Now before anyone gets excited I AM capable of addition folks :) . We wouldn't want multiple one-player classes in a row; but the occasional one-player class does not turn out to be such a bad thing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
What strikes me is her poise and presence. Seems pretty mature.

Reaction Score
In watching the video, MoJeff jumped out at me. She looked awesome, large and in charge.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
What strikes me is her poise and presence. Seems pretty mature.

She does seem like a very mature and articulate young lady. Can't wait to see how she does as she hits the early learning curve....I'm interested to see how she does on the defensive end in particular.

Reaction Score
I saw Chong play several games on-line the last two seasons and IMO she is at her best in an up-tempo transition game. Unfortunately I see most of her minutes coming in the second half of blow outs, when Geno has shut down the running game. Hopefully she learns quickly and gets some meaningful minutes where her skills can be fully displayed.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I saw Chong play several games on-line the last two seasons and IMO she is at her best in an up-tempo transition game. Unfortunately I see most of her minutes coming in the second half of blow outs, when Geno has shut down the running game. Hopefully she learns quickly and gets some meaningful minutes where her skills can be fully displayed.
I think she will get some minutes in the regular rotation as well.

Reaction Score
Love the Spotlight feature...I can only imagine that if her chemistry with the girls is good that her play will transition just fine. Talent, skill, etc., is great but having a feel for your teammates and they for you means everything. She seems to have the "UConn gene" (demeanor and disposition), lol, and I look forward to cheering her on as much as any of our girls. Go Saniya! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Also.......................click on this LINK to get to the written article, that includes the video.................UConn WCBB web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom