Samuelson, Collier savor Team USA camp experience | The Boneyard

Samuelson, Collier savor Team USA camp experience

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

And Bird was impressed with what the young Huskies showed over the three days.

"They both did great," Bird said. "There's a tendency for young players, particularly college players, when they come into a camp like this to be a little nervous, a little hesitant. But they were confident. They knew exactly what they were doing out there. They played very composed, they showed a lot of composure for young players and it was impressive to see that."

"I thought that I worked hard but these players have made me see that there's a whole other level to working hard," Collier said. "They make sure that they're prepared to play and they start right in warmups. There's no going through the motions. They take it seriously that they're 100 percent ready to go. That's something I want to take back to school with me."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The article also had news about at least part of the 18-19 schedule:

The Huskies' 2018-19 non-league schedule is not complete, but they do have contracts to play Baylor, California, Louisville, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Seton Hall, and South Carolina along with Saint Louis. They are also scheduled to participate in the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands.

Of course the Paradise Jam will likely be held somewhere other than the VI's.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
"I thought that I worked hard but these players have made me see that there's a whole other level to working hard," Collier said. "They make sure that they're prepared to play and they start right in warmups. There's no going through the motions. They take it seriously that they're 100 percent ready to go. That's something I want to take back to school with me."
She may wish she worded that differently, Geno now has material to push my Favorite player, oh dear...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"They make sure that they're prepared to play and they start right in warmups. There's no going through the motions. They take it seriously that they're 100 percent ready to go. That's something I want to take back to school with me."

Clear evidence Geno has gone soft!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

The 2017 Paradise Jam for men has been moved to Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA. Lynchburg? Not quite the USVI!

By 2018, it’s possible that the Jam will be back at their regular site. I hope!

Reaction Score

That's over a year from now - hopefully St. Thomas is back to ship-shape by then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom