Samarie Walker Signs Pro Contract to Play in Spain | The Boneyard

Samarie Walker Signs Pro Contract to Play in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good luck to her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No. She first played for UConn in 2010-11 - entering with Dolson, Hartley, etc - and never sat out a season. So this season was her fourth.
quit at half season... sat out a half of season

Reaction Score
She went to UCONN as a really good HS player, left KY as a mediocre player, I hope she found happiness in KY!

Reaction Score
sivad40- - - She started several games for UCONN because of injuries and was doing quite well especially vs BAYLOR! She left UCONN mid-season because she was tired of BB and 2 weeks later enrolled at KY! My problem with Samarie is leaving mid-season, if your unhappy at least finish your obligation to school #1 then go to school #2!

Reaction Score
! She left UCONN mid-season because she was tired of BB and 2 weeks later enrolled at KY! My problem with Samarie is leaving mid-season, if your unhappy at least finish your obligation to school #1 then go to school #2!

1. How do you know why she left UConn?
  2. She left mid-season because Geno forced her hand. As I think most coaches would. If a player is unhappy, better for her to leave now than infect the team with bad energy.

Reaction Score
vowelguy- - - in an interview after she withdrew from UCONN she told CT writers since her senior year of HS she has become less interested in BB and was on the fence about starting at UCONN but did! 2 weeks after the interview she started classes at KY and went out for BB while awaiting her 1/2 or full semester out till eligible!
How did Geno force her hand? She was STARTING at PF/C since there were injuries and had played well during the first semester! He said she was playing well considering she was undersized at 6'1" and her wish to leave & possibly transfer was quite a surprise and there was NO indication previously that she was unhappy!

Reaction Score
vowelguy- - - in an interview after she withdrew from UCONN she told CT writers since her senior year of HS she has become less interested in BB and was on the fence about starting at UCONN but did! 2 weeks after the interview she started classes at KY and went out for BB while awaiting her 1/2 or full semester out till eligible!
How did Geno force her hand? She was STARTING at PF/C since there were injuries and had played well during the first semester! He said she was playing well considering she was undersized at 6'1" and her wish to leave & possibly transfer was quite a surprise and there was NO indication previously that she was unhappy!

1) People Lie
2) It was well documented that Geno had a meeting and told her to be all in or get out. She chose the latter.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Many of us remember the whole Samarie thing quite well. Vowelguy has it right. We really needed her PF board potential and she showed promise, then turned into a morose shut down in practice. Several players endorsed the wisdom of her leaving midseason. There will always be recruiting mistakes or bad fits. In Samarie's case her failure to bloom at Kentucky confirms to me that she refused to be all in anywhere. I watched her this last year virtually quit on the court in 2 Kentucky losing efforts and Mitchell left her in! Given her obvious athletic potential it is a shame. I wish her well in Europe, though I am surprised she is continuing in basketball.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Many of us remember the whole Samarie thing quite well. Vowelguy has it right. We really needed her PF board potential and she showed promise, then turned into a morose shut down in practice. Several players endorsed the wisdom of her leaving midseason. There will always be recruiting mistakes or bad fits. In Samarie's case her failure to bloom at Kentucky confirms to me that she refused to be all in anywhere. I watched her this last year virtually quit on the court in 2 Kentucky losing efforts and Mitchell left her in! Given her obvious athletic potential it is a shame. I wish her well in Europe, though I am surprised she is continuing in basketball.
money will motive you... especially if you dont have anything else going on after college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom