Sadie Edwards Can't Wait | The Boneyard

Sadie Edwards Can't Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, that's two of us. She interviews very well.

Andrea Espinoza-Hunter is working on becoming the next Kaleena. 6 treys!

Reaction Score
"I think what helped me is learning how to be effective being on a team with really good players. When I played in Connecticut I always had the ball in my hands, I was very ball dominant. I have a bigger job of getting them the ball and running the team. If you can be good on a team when everybody else is good, that is how you know you are good so I think that definitely helped me."

I think this quote both illustrates that Sadie really understands what playing at UConn is all about, but also something that bears itself out when players get to UConn. The players that tend to adjust the easiest and often the best to playing at UConn, particularly on offense, are the players that played on high school teams with other really good players.

Most of the guards that have come to UConn c0me with the experience of being ball dominate players. That is unusual for UConn but also a reflection of the reality that basketball has evolved to the point where nearly every coach just puts the ball in the hands of their best player. That's Saniya, Moriah, and Bria's experience, but it also is Breanna Stewart's high school experience.

Reaction Score
The Tradition continues at UCONN.............Quality in and Super Stars coming out..............

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think this quote both illustrates that Sadie really understands what playing at UConn is all about, but also something that bears itself out when players get to UConn. The players that tend to adjust the easiest and often the best to playing at UConn, particularly on offense, are the players that played on high school teams with other really good players.

Most of the guards that have come to UConn c0me with the experience of being ball dominate players. That is unusual for UConn but also a reflection of the reality that basketball has evolved to the point where nearly every coach just puts the ball in the hands of their best player. That's Saniya, Moriah, and Bria's experience, but it also is Breanna Stewart's high school experience.
Agree, but the truth is most players that head into the top 30 of D1 schools do so having been dominant (ball dominant) on their HS teams - there are a few players on national HS powerhouse squads that had a few other really really good players on their team, but most D1 athletes stood out on their HS teams.

Reaction Score
Love that girl! What a thoughtful articulate kid. Her comment that the Husky women are not only good players but good people shows she gets it, and brings a great attitude to the party. I can't wait either...
And with that attitude, I can't wait until she plays her first game for Uconn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, a great kid who is keenly aware of her future teammates and the whole world of UCONN women's basketball. A very well spoken and thoughtful kid.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
So enjoyable seeing another young lady with the right attitude.She wants to learn,compete,do what is best for the team,help her team mates.Amazing how UConn finds these girls,and what a blessing it is that they do!

Reaction Score
So enjoyable seeing another young lady with the right attitude.She wants to learn,compete,do what is best for the team,help her team mates.Amazing how UConn finds these girls,and what a blessing it is that they do!

CARM: certainly understand the feeling behind your good post. But when you really think about it, it isn't really so amazing that this coaching staff finds impressive young people to join the long line of "Our Girls." The coaching staff itself is a group of
vibrant, articulate, humorous, decent, savvy, bright people.......so, "who ya gonna call"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom