Sad Sign of the Times | The Boneyard

Sad Sign of the Times

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Somewhat like when my New England Patriots went from Pat Patriot to the sleeker futaristic logo. Sigh.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’ve spent a lot of time on the University of Maryland campus, in fits and starts over the years. I hadn’t been on campus for a year or two after they left the ACC, and when I was next there, it was quite jarring to see B1G signs EVERYWHERE.

I feel their pain.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I’ve spent a lot of time on the University of Maryland campus, in fits and starts over the years. I hadn’t been on campus for a year or two after they left the ACC, and when I was next there, it was quite jarring to see B1G signs EVERYWHERE.

I feel their pain.
I have several family members that are Maryland grads and the first college fb and bb games I attended were there. It's still weird that they're in the Big 10.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I have several family members that are Maryland grads and the first college fb and bb games I attended were there. It's still weird that they're in the Big 10.
I miss our rivalry with Maryland in WCBB. That was a bitter one when Maryland was a member of the ACC.

Reaction Score
At my time at WVU we had bitter rivalry games with Pitt, Penn State, and Virginia Tech. Maryland was often a big game too! Part of the "spice" was that, being regional rivalries, I had friends from high school who went to all of those schools. All gone now...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
:( that pic made me sad.

I have thoughts on Maryland. But i want to remain a member of this board so I won't type them.
I tend not to express my Maryland feelings fully, either. On the list of WBB teams I don't root for, unless they are playing a team I dislike even more - and even then its hard.

UCLA in several sports is another one, ASU of course, State Penn, Alabama, Florida in a number of sports, . . . The reasons I don't like them or root for them are often complex. My wife would add Notre Dame in capital letters, I'm less rabid about them in WBB. Other sports, no.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I tend not to express my Maryland feelings fully, either. On the list of WBB teams I don't root for, unless they are playing a team I dislike even more - and even then its hard.

UCLA in several sports is another one, ASU of course, State Penn, Alabama, Florida in a number of sports, . . . The reasons I don't like them or root for them are often complex. My wife would add Notre Dame in capital letters, I'm less rabid about them in WBB. Other sports, no.
My two most disliked teams are Clemson and Penn State, both because of interactions with fans of both schools when I was young. After those 2, the rest vary according to interactions with my favorite teams, South Carolina and Rutgers.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Oooh. Me too. I call this situational hatering. There is usually one thing that made me cross a specific team off my list.

Reaction Score
CFB is a black hole devouring everything around it.
It isn't football, it is money and the school Presidents. I expect the Big Ten to add a couple more teams out west and have a true West Coast Division where teams won't have to travel quite as much. For football the cost of travel is going to be insane, but the budgets for every other sport will double too.

Reaction Score
The kids of this generation are already screwed up in geography. These West coast teams joining the Atlantic Coast Conference can't help.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The kids of this generation are already screwed up in geography. These West coast teams joining the Atlantic Coast Conference can't help.
I hate to say this...because I have lived nearly my entire life in ACC country...but adding Stanford, Cal and SMU to the ATLANTIC COAST conference seemed to be a last gasp act to remain partly relevant when the dismantling of the Pac 12 started.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom