Sad attempt at firing ‘for cause’ | The Boneyard

Sad attempt at firing ‘for cause’

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’m no lawyer... but aren’t you essentially saying you have no reason when you offer half and didn’t do it when it happened?

Reaction Score
It’s silly

Could they line up 6 incidents like this and try? Sure. But I think any court/arbitration would laugh at this one. They can arbitrarily string Stallings along, of course. But it is a neon sign for all coaching hires at Pitt going forward.

Reaction Score
Someone who is far more skilled than me should photoshop Stallings head on Khalid's body when he jumped on the scorers table.

Reaction Score
grxc1faktjk01.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dunlap isn't the brightest bulb in the 93.7 FAN universe. But a typically better source, Paul Ziese, retweeted Dunlap, noting if he was Stallings, he'd tell Pitt "see you in court".

In other news, Pitt's AD met with former OSU assistant Chris Jent. Scuttlebutt is that Pitt wants both Matta and Jent.

Reaction Score
Pitt wants to get out from under. This is a message. In essence they are saying “You need to come to an agreement with us about your payoff. If you don’t we will drag you through the mud and maybe in 3-4 years you’ll win, but maybe not and you’ll have more baggage than Marley’s ghost when you do.” And you know what? The day he walks into court the judge will call the lawyers together and say “This is only about money. Settle it.”

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not to worry Pitt fans: "A national search for the next Pitt head coach will begin immediately."

Look at the lengths they will go to find a new coach. Not limiting themselves to Pennsylvania or even the Mid Atlantic region!

Reaction Score
This would likely be the same result if UConn tried to fire KO for cause because of these supposed "workout violations."

Reaction Score
This would likely be the same result if UConn tried to fire KO for cause because of these supposed "workout violations."
If they didn't know about or keep a file on all the stuff going on with Ollie then we deserve to pay him the full buyout or keep him. Warde might have screwed us on the way out

Reaction Score
But it is a neon sign for all coaching hires at Pitt going forward.

I think the sign is "If you go 5-34 in the ACC we will try to not pay you for future seasons."

I think most coaches might expect that, contract or otherwise.

Of course, try is the operative word.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pitt wants to get out from under. This is a message. In essence they are saying “You need to come to an agreement with us about your payoff. If you don’t we will drag you through the mud and maybe in 3-4 years you’ll win, but maybe not and you’ll have more baggage than Marley’s ghost when you do.” And you know what? The day he walks into court the judge will call the lawyers together and say “This is only about money. Settle it.”

This is the message they’re sending to potential coaching prospects.

“We will give you a contract that we will try to get out of if you don’t win.”

Good luck, kids!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Good luck, kids!

Do you think (I know it was bandied about a little bit here) the initial leak for the NCAA violations might have been from the UConn admin?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do you think (I know it was bandied about a little bit here) the initial leak for the NCAA violations might have been from the UConn admin?

Nah, there’s no upside to that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If that were the case, given our recent history, we'd need a goshdarn exorcism of the entire UCONN administration. President, AD, coach and all the rest.

Reaction Score
No. Kevin is part of the family so he would NEVER demand the full butout. Family doesn’t treat family that way.

Reaction Score

Good luck, kids!
You know what? Nobody will care. It might make negotiation a little tougher on the next buyout, but not a soul who wants that job will turn it down because of how they treated the last guy. Not a single one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom