Sabrina Inoescu #4 Ranked 2016 Player | The Boneyard

Sabrina Inoescu #4 Ranked 2016 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Won't sign until Spring 2016. Ohio State, Cal and Oregon Ducks on her list of schools.

Speculating she wants to see what happens with Linnae Harper. May not want to go to OSU if Harper is there.

Wouldn't mind if she became interested in UConn:)

Reaction Score
Won't sign until Spring 2016. Ohio State, Cal and Oregon Ducks on her list of schools.

Speculating she wants to see what happens with Linnae Harper. May not want to go to OSU if Harper is there.

Though unlikely to happen, I wouldn't mind either.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

She just took an official visit to Oregon State. So I think it's OSU west she is considering. She also took an unofficial visit to Cal yesterday. But won't decide until Spring. She still has two official visits left to take if she wants to.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mixed feeling on Sabrina to UCONN at this point. I was very high on her before Bent signed with UCONN. But with Bent that would be a class with 3 guards (two Alphas) and might deter Walker a year later. I would like to see her at Cal.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe Ionescu has made it clear she wants to play point guard.

She's a good one.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe Ionescu has made it clear she wants to play point guard.

She's a good one.
Did not realize that this (Ionescu wants to play PG). If so that rules out UCONN and IMO a mistake as she is a better SG than PG. But I agree she is going to be a good one/either.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

When/where did Ionescu get associated with tOSU?
Per this article from 1 October 2015:
"After meeting with Cal earlier this week, Ionescu has plans to visit Texas this weekend and Oregon the following week. After a weekend off, she visits Oregon State and hopes to make her choice following the completion of her trips."
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...ite-prospect-sabrina-ionescu-ball-very-afraid
From her Tweet Texas appears to be out but it doesn't make sense that tOSU is newly in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oregon State was always on her list of 4 schools. She dropped Texas and now it's down to 3.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I believe ionescu has a twin brother who was offered a walk on to Oregon and has accepted it there. I dont know if it has an influence on her decision but it has a few, well maybe one, poster on the Cal forum upset. He says the only thing a grad from Oregon is good for is working the midnight shift at a 7-11.

Reaction Score
I believe ionescu has a twin brother who was offered a walk on to Oregon and has accepted it there. I dont know if it has an influence on her decision but it has a few, well maybe one, poster on the Cal forum upset. He says the only thing a grad from Oregon is good for is working the midnight shift at a 7-11.

You are correct. From the Baylor board.

The Oregon men’s basketball program received a commitment from 6-foot-4 guard Eddy Ionescu Monday afternoon. IIonescu, a Walnut Creek, California native, will join the 2016 class as a walk-on next summer in Eugene. The coaching staff offered him a walk-on spot on the roster in August, and he called Oregon’s Director of Operations to deliver his decision on Monday.
His decision could potentially affect his twin sister’s college decision. Sabrina Ionescu is ranked No. 4 nationally by espnW and has narrowed her options to California, Oregon, Oregon State and Texas.
“We would like to stay together,” Eddy said. “We’ve been together since we were small, but all in all, it’s her decision where she wants to go. I’m supportive; I think all of her schools are still in the picture. We’ve definitely talked about it."

- Jonathan Hawthorne, Daily Emerald, 19 Oct 2015

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You are correct. From the Baylor board.

The Oregon men’s basketball program received a commitment from 6-foot-4 guard Eddy Ionescu Monday afternoon. IIonescu, a Walnut Creek, California native, will join the 2016 class as a walk-on next summer in Eugene. The coaching staff offered him a walk-on spot on the roster in August, and he called Oregon’s Director of Operations to deliver his decision on Monday.
His decision could potentially affect his twin sister’s college decision. Sabrina Ionescu is ranked No. 4 nationally by espnW and has narrowed her options to California, Oregon, Oregon State and Texas.
“We would like to stay together,” Eddy said. “We’ve been together since we were small, but all in all, it’s her decision where she wants to go. I’m supportive; I think all of her schools are still in the picture. We’ve definitely talked about it."

- Jonathan Hawthorne, Daily Emerald, 19 Oct 2015
hmmmmm

Reaction Score
Mixed feeling on Sabrina to UCONN at this point. I was very high on her before Bent signed with UCONN. But with Bent that would be a class with 3 guards (two Alphas) and might deter Walker a year later. I would like to see her at Cal.

I just don't see Walker as a strong possibility with both KLS and Napheesa playing her position(s). UConn is much better served going after an aircraft carrier or two for that 2017 class to eventually replace Natalie.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score

Ionescu has no interest in Ohio State, nor they in her. It's Oregon State, not The Ohio State University!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha.... i saw the first post and wondered where Ohio State came from

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ionescu has no interest in Ohio State, nor they in her. It's Oregon State, not The Ohio State University!!

I probably posted this earlier somewhere.... but for future reference... OSU= Ohio State ... USC = Southern Cal USCarolina = South Carolina... UT = Texas ... definitely not Tennessee..... UNC = University of Northern Colorado ... UNC = University of North Carolina

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, OSU was always Oklahoma State. Ohio State was simply Ohio State.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
OSU (Oregon State) is late to the party but perhaps interesting because (1) up and coming, (2) geographically it's close to her brother but not at the same school, and (3) I believe she may have a teammate/friend or two who committed there (Kate Tudor). But if she wants family to see her play and is serious about her education, she's nuts to forego Cal. Yes, Phil Knight did okay but Cal is a MUCH better school than either Oregon school. Unless she feels strongly that she will have a career in basketball...and Lindsay Gottlieb is one fine coach. And no, I did NOT go to Cal, just trying to state the facts.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Actually, OSU was always Oklahoma State. Ohio State was simply Ohio State.

Your mileage may vary because I think google personalizes search results but several Ohio State sites come up for "OSU" before Oregon State does and Oklahoma State isn't on page 1. Similarly, South Carolina does not come up in the first page of search results for "USC".

Of course, these results may be related to the fact that Ohio State has osu.edu (compare to oregonstate.edu and okstate.edu) and Southern California has usc.edu (South Carolina is sc.edu)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I just don't see Walker as a strong possibility with both KLS and Napheesa playing her position(s). UConn is much better served going after an aircraft carrier or two for that 2017 class to eventually replace Natalie.

There's no issue there. Collier is a forward with some wing skills, Walker is a guard who you could also call a wing if you wanted to. Geno doesn't care about position labels anyway. He talks more and more about players who play multiple positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom